Today's News

The country has never before been so dramatically divided in half with the two halves so full of rage and so hostile to each other.

This country has never before had a media presence telling us that, 24/7 in our homes and on the go via electronic devices. "Social media" once meant church newsletters or papers from various groups. Weekly, perhaps. Even the newspapers were only daily. Not the case today.

Today's news brings reports of court rulings, essentially slapping the ATF for overstepping their authority.

That's the topic, gentlefolk, lets try and stick to that, and directly related subjects.

This country has never before had a media presence telling us that, 24/7 in our homes and on the go via electronic devices. "Social media" once meant church newsletters or papers from various groups. Weekly, perhaps. Even the newspapers were only daily. Not the case today.

Today's news brings reports of court rulings, essentially slapping the ATF for overstepping their authority.

That's the topic, gentlefolk, lets try and stick to that, and directly related subjects.
Way overdue IMHO. Hope this get applied across the board.

Originally posted by cjwils
His father has publicly stated there will be no pardon. I believe that.

Many politicians, including Joe Biden, have been known to lie. Given the "weaponization of his father's love" narrative that has been used to try to spin the multiple "issues" that have plagued Hunter Biden, I still wouldn't rule out a presidential pardon, after the election in November of course, regardless of what Joe Biden as publicly stated he will or won't do.

That being said, there are other options besides a pardon. Hunter has not been sentenced yet and there is no guarantee he'll be sentenced to jail time. If, through political pressure, Hunter Biden receives a "slap on the wrist" sentence that doesn't include jail time, there would be not need for Joe to do anything further. Also, remember that the President has not only the power to grant a full pardon, but also the power to commute someone's sentence without granting a pardon. By commuting the sentence, Joe would save Hunter from jail but still not technically "pardon" him though the functional outcome would be nearly the same.

Also, remember that the President has not only the power to grant a full pardon, but also the power to commute someone's sentence without granting a pardon. By commuting the sentence, Joe would save Hunter from jail but still not technically "pardon" him though the functional outcome would be nearly the same.
Biden also said that he will not commute.

Hunter will get probation, no doubt.

He will also get the felony removed from his record, though that may take some time.

Originally posted by The Verminator
Biden also said that he will not commute.

Biden has said many things which didn't turn out to be so, some due to dishonesty and others due to, apparently, confusion. I'll say again that what Joe Biden, or any other politician, says they will or won't do doesn't mean much in and of itself. If Hunter Biden is in jail when his father leaves office, I'll happily retract my statements, but I very much doubt that will be the case.

Back