Tikka 6.5 cm

Ahh, abbreviations, ergh. Creed More.

Also had to revamp my data, 65 mm even if it was cm.

Wish we had gone to the metric system when I was young.

Less confusion and one set of tools!

At 25mm per inch.. Ummm yeah...

And here i was impressed when i heard Wendy had one of the 16" main guns from the de commissioned USS Iowa in her yard... :D:

Just teasing Wendy. Put the skillet down.. :eek:

Being a mechanic if I see cm it reads centi meter.

mm is miler meter (not max Mauser !)

6.5s were not a mainstay growing up. We laughed at people who liked their 6.5 Japs.

Sweedish moose had to be reindeer!

Tikkas are all long action so why bother with creedmore?

6,5x55 is perfect as is

Not exactly, unless you like burning more powder than nesasary as a hand loader, per Hornady to push a 143ELD-X @ 2650 takes 48.6 of Vit N-165. My creed will do 2700 with 41.5 of H4350.

Got to the range today and it was pouring rain. After zeroing in I got this group at 100 yards with Winchester Match factory ammo. They use a Sierra matchking bullet. Box says 2710 at the muzzle but a 10 shot group on chronograph came out to an average of 50 fps slower than this. Got some dies on the way home and am going to load up some 130 accubonds and 143 ELDX since that is what I have right now. Using H4350 for a start. Not my best day at the range but I was satisfied with the factory ammunition to know reloads should do better.

Attachments

• 140 grain match 6.5 cm.JPG
    140 grain match 6.5 cm.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 31
Yeaaahhhhhh....
Much like my wife, i intend to stay on your good side...

DPI,
Your comparing oranges to horse apples.
How can you compare H4350 with VV165?
Of course your gonna get different powder charge weights, and different velocities.
It's like me comparing your gun to my 7mm-08AI with 47.5gr. of RL17 clocking 2916.
Doesn't freak'n matter...

For varmints i use Hornady 120gr HP( now discontinued).
For casual range plinking Hornady 139gr. SST.
For my longer distance range use and hunting 140gr. Berger VLD Hunting.
Also recommend the 140gr. Nosler Ballistic Tip for deer.
If i ever get drawn for the elk lottery here i'm plannin on using the 150gr. Nosler ABLR
Also playing with the 150gr. ELDX with good results.

Using Hodgdon H414 for lighter bullets.
Alliant Power Pro 2000 for the 139gr. and up.

RL 17 giving me almost 100fps more, but Extreme Spread and Standard Deviation not to my liking.
PP2000 giving 7fps ES, 2fps SD.

Took my doe this year at 413 yards with 140gr. Berger and PP2000. 2, 836fps.
She made it 20 yards. Heart in 2 pieces, both lungs destroyed.

As a side note.
I shot one of my best ever groups doing load development with the 160gr. Sierra HPBT Gameking over RL19.
This going up 0.3gr of powder per round.
9 rounds 1". I pulled round #6 and got total for 10 rounds 1.35" at 150 meters.

I have the target hanging on my reloading bench. :D:

I don't use those bullets in the 7mm-08 due to so much of the bullet sitting so far in the casing.

I would really like to use the 163 eldx in my 7-08. It is my one hole grouper out of my 7 mag. It does seat deep though without jamming into the lands. Your AI probably reaches speeds I can’t get close to.

Most of my loads come from Sierra and Nosler. I will use Hornady manual for stating loads on their ew bullets. Hornady 10th edition doesn’t give enough powder options and there ballistic are usually off from my real ones.

DPI,
Your comparing oranges to horse apples.
How can you compare H4350 with VV165?
Of course your gonna get different powder charge weights, and different velocities.
It's like me comparing your gun to my 7mm-08AI with 47.5gr. of RL17 clocking 2916.
Doesn't freak'n matter...

Blasphemy. How dare you suggest the Creedmoor doesn't turn H4350 into fairy dust.

Most of my loads come from Sierra and Nosler. I will use Hornady manual for stating loads on their ew bullets. Hornady 10th edition doesn’t give enough powder options and there ballistic are usually off from my real ones.

Fwiw, back when the powder manufacturers starting putting their load data online, is when my reloading manual went the route of most "paper books", referenced for anything BUT load data.

Always up to date, and (generally) not as overly conservative as that from bullet manufs and others.

JMO,YMMV

Dranrab,
I never said you couldn't use H4350 in the 6.5 Manbun.
Just that his comparison was invalid.

Wendy,
Try the 150gr ELDX. I'm having good results with them out of my 284 Win.

Also you would be surprised at how little different they are. You would think that the AI would be able to use about 1.5gr more powder, but sadly not the case.
If anything the AI is more sensitive( for lack of a better term) to small changes in pressure than standard 7mm-08.

Last edited:
Back