Three questions about your SD gun

My answer to all three questions is yes, and the only time I can't get it instantly is where it is illegal to carry. I have 1000+ rounds that I can get quickly, unless I'm away from my usual residing places. I reload so I have both factory and reloads for mine. Wife and I both have the same caliber.

Last edited:
1). Is your SD gun more than 20 seconds from your reach right now?
No... More like within arm's reach. :)
2) How many dependable rounds of ammo for your SD gun could you gather-up and put into action within the next 5 minutes?
Five minutes? If I choose .45 acp, which I would, easily over 1000 rounds. If I were to choose 9mm, about the same.
3) In your SD's present condition, will it reliably fire 200 rds or more without lubricaton concern? If not, how many rounds would it fire?
Yes.

Bonus Question: Would your instructor or shooting partner share the same level of confindence that you have in your answers?
Yes.

warningshot said:
1). Is your SD gun more than 20 seconds from your reach right now? Yes or No.

2) How many dependable rounds of ammo for your SD gun could you gather-up and put into action within the next 5 minutes?

3) In your SD's present condition, will it reliably fire 200 rds or more without lubricaton concern? If not, how many rounds would it fire?

Bonus Question: Would your instructor or shooting partner share the same level of confindence that you have in your answers?

This is your thread.

You go first.

A-1) Maybe one is within 20 seconds of me, maybe one is not. Your question begs to be answered with a question: Why should I tell you and the whole world whether or not I have a self defense firearm nearby to me?

A-2) The answer to this question is dependent upon a lot of things. If I had warning of an impending need to gather up ammo to be ready for action 5 minutes from now - I could gather up sufficient ammunition for an extended firefight if need be. If you mean, if the SHTF right now, how many rounds could I gather in 5 minutes - well, I do not even know if I could get close to the ammo once the bad stuff started as I cannot see the future. If you mean how many rounds do I have in magazines or speedloaders for any weapon that I have close by to use in a self defense situation, within any moment, then the answer is more like number 1 above - why should I tell you and the world.

My weapon(s) will fire as many rounds as they will fire before either the threat is stopped or before a malfunction of before I run out of ammo. I do not own a crystal ball and have no way of knowing the answer to this question in advance. I do tend to take care of my weapons. so, if you are asking - are my self defense weapons in well maintained condition - yes they are in that condition - well most of the time anyhow. Just like almost anyone I sometimes forget to clean one right after a trip to the range but that does not happen often. Right now they are in ready condition.

I am not in much of a telling mood right now. At other times I may have readily answered questions like this by telling you where this gun is and where is that one or how many loaded magazines I have on hand or how many rounds I have on hand but I am not in that frame of mind this morning.

This question also raises other questions. Are you asking this because you think people will give dishonest answers to your first 3 questions? If that is not it then why are you asking it? If it was aksed because you anticipated dishonesty, then why on earth would you expect people to honestly answer the bonus question? As for myself, I do not give a hoot what level of confidence others have in whether or not I have well maintained firearms and ammo at the ready because the only one I need to satisfy in that regard is myself and I am quite confident that such is the case.

All the best,
Glenn B

- Yes, on my right hip.

- I am wearing two spare mags. I have immediate (next room) access to about 5000 rounds, but I don't think I could carry them very far. :D

- Yes, quite easily.

Partner - Yes

Why should I tell you and the whole world whether or not I have a self defense firearm nearby to me?

Technically, it's none of anyones business but practically, who cares? If it's a government troll asking then we want them to know that we are armed to the teeth and do not trust them, and if its a citizen then we want them to know that they are not alone. :)

It's just talk. Very interesting though and I don't know about you folks but it gives me the warm fuzzies that more and more of my fellow Americans are arming themselves.

Back