Three questions about your SD gun

1). Is your SD gun more than 20 seconds from your reach right now?

Absolutely not.

2) How many dependable rounds of ammo for your SD gun could you gather-up and put into action within the next 5 minutes?

Something in the neighborhood of hundreds, . . . but if I've got 5 minutes, . . . we ain't talking my SD handgun, . . . we're talking serious long gun, . . . serious backup ammo, . . . serious caliber, . . .

3) In your SD's present condition, will it reliably fire 200 rds or more without lubricaton concern? If not, how many rounds would it fire?

I only have one weapon in my "collection" that wouldn't reliably fire 200 or more rounds, . . . it's my knife.

Bonus Question: Would your instructor or shooting partner share the same level of confindence that you have in your answers?

I would assume so, . . . but quite truthfully, . . . I would not care either way.

May God bless,
Dwight

1) My SD/EDC weapon is always within 20 seconds of access.

2) I keep a minimum of 250 rounds for each firearm that I own.

3) Absolutely

I'm not sure I fully understand the significance of the bonus question. It's the confidence I have in my equipment that counts.

three questions about your SD gun
1). Is your SD gun more than 20 seconds from your reach right now?

Far less, it's on my belt.

2) How many dependable rounds of ammo for your SD gun could you gather-up and put into action within the next 5 minutes?

Enough. :)

3) In your SD's present condition, will it reliably fire 200 rds or more without lubricaton concern? If not, how many rounds would it fire?

Absolutely.

Bonus Question: Would your instructor or shooting partner share the same level of confindence that you have in your answers?

If you mean would my wife answer the questions the same way, yes. Does she have confidence in my answers about my sidearm, of course.

I find it amazing how relaxed gun laws in America compared to New Zealand.
If a cop new I had a gun loaded not locked in a gun cabinet in New Zealand I would probably lose my gun licence.
All I've got for SD is my 870 in a gun cabinet with the key hidden in my draw, the no 4 buckshot rounds and 4 no 4 leadshot rounds hidden under my undies.
I could even get in trouble for not having those 7 shotgun rounds locked away.

Friend, in AZ you can walk into a gunshop, pick out your new handgun/shotgun/rifle, maybe a holster or sling, depending, maybe some ammo and other accesories, fill out the 4473, prove your identity and residence with your AZDL or ID card, wait the 15 minutes for the telephone check, pay your money, walk out, load and conceal if you wish, or carry openly, and away you go, legal as church on Sunday. Is good. :)
We have plenty of room here, and I met one Kiwi who moved here for our gun laws, worked for an armored trucking agency years ago.

1) one on me, one on the nightstand, one at the back door.......all w/i 20 seconds
2)at least 50 rounds for each, w/o going to the cabinet
3)yes, yes and yes.

1. No, Im 1200 miles away for work, (cant carry), but when home within arms reach.
2. I do have 300 rnds always loaded.
3. Yes, the gun will fire, flawlessly.

Bonus: no instructor or partner.

That's true, bearone2, the only thing the CCW permit is good for now is recicprocity/resteraunt serving open alcohol/background check, no need for permit to carry concealed.:cool:
But, I don't want to thread drift too much for the OP, sorry.

Less than 20 seconds away
12 extra rounds
Yes it will fire as much as I need to put through it

Based on the questions... I'm thinking I may need a rifle.

Glenn Dee

1) No. Pistol is IWB.
2) I am at my office, so 22 rounds. When at home, currently between 600 and 650. Went shooting Saturday, so I am planning on picking up a few more boxes next payday.
3) It will definitely go over 200 rounds. How many more? It's a Glock 26, so probably many hundreds. When I take family members or friends to the range, it is not uncommon for it to go 200 to 500 rounds without being cleaned, just by each person putting 100 or so rounds through it. I have never fired it without cleaning until the crud stopped it, and I don't intend to do so.

Bonus Question: The answers are true, so why not?

My SD gun (642) is ALWAYS in my pocket, well within the 3 sec reach question.

I have bullets and other guns scattered all over the house and shop, (even in the washing machine and dryer much to my wife's discuss).

I think I can get by regardless of what "my trainers" think. Besides my present trainers are the staff at the CMP, and they don't deal with SD that much.

armoredman:
from shooters world:

Think You Know Your Privileges?

The new Constitutional Carry Law DOES NOT Provide the Same Rights as the CCW Permit Holder

Benefits of a Carrying Concealed Weapons (CCW) Permit
•Ability to carry a concealed weapon within 1,000 feet of a school. It is almost impossible to travel through the Metropolitan Phoenix area without crossing a 1,000 foot boundary of a school. You will need a permit to conceal carry throughout the valley. (Federal Law)
•A permit to carry a weapon in Arizona’s National Parks. If you want to carry concealed in National Parks located in Arizona (Grand Canyon) you need a permit. (Federal Law)
•Reciprocity to conceal carry in twenty five other states. If you plan on travelling and carrying concealed a permit is a must. (Arizona Law)
•One does not need a background check when purchasing a weapon, just show your permit with your identification. (Brady Bill)
•You need a conceal carry permit to carry your weapon in a commercial establishment that serves alcohol. If the establishment is not posted you may carry a concealed weapon into the bar if you have a permit and you do not consume alcohol there. (Arizona Law)
•When you take a concealed carry class you learn the laws of when you can use deadly force.

Back