• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

THR is down right now...again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thefumegator:
Turns out all the attacks are coming from different machines in the same Chicago datacenter; and they are 100% unresponsive to calls/e-mails/whatever.
It sounds to me like this needs to be handled [Sean Connery]The Chicago Way.[/Sean Connery]

It would sure be nice to knock on the door of the place, and ask them exactly what their malfunction is.

Wes

tydephan: But who knows. Could be a pimple-nosed juvenile with too much time and not enough attention.

full_metal_jacket_2.jpg

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: What is your major malfunction, numbn*ts? Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?

:D

dam*

...is it down again???
I just changed cable accts and I can't tell if my connection needs tweaking or THR has come under attack again!!!

it's working now, but barely.

somebody needs to give the chicago pd this guys address and tell them a female bartender there will NOT serve off duty cops.:D

I guess w/ the growth in membership & traffic comes issues like the ones they've been experiencing lately...I'm glad these issues aren't terminal & that there are alternative quality places to go in the interim.

Kermit,

For some reason someone has taken a distinct dislike to THR/APS and has been launching DDOS attacks for the past couple of weeks. It has nothing to do with membership growth, I don't think.

I agree with Mike. This is another directed attack, in my totally uniformed opinion.

If it was server space, or bandwidth, or hardware that needed upgrading, I think that Oleg and Crew know that the members would help fund the upgrade.

Don't treat symptoms - treat the cause.

Two top likelihoods:

1) Democratic Underground types who are high-fiving each other every time they hit the button.

2) Organized, but likely deniable, attack funded by a political campaign.

Do not repeat that Bogie. Many folks on our side will tell you the tinfoil is to tight.

Ask me how I know!

I would bet it is someone with physical access to the site. I cannot believe someone who had a remote control in that DC would be allowed to continue.
Maybe someone who sees us as the biggest serious threat.

Well, if somebody's trying to shut us up they're doing a poor job of it. :D

Oh, and hi guys... the attacks on THR finally convinced me I should sign up here too.

No real good reason that I haven't before now, other than the fact I found THR first, and I see a lot of the same names both places. Anyway... here I am.

J.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back