Thoughts on Ruger single six

Thanks. The site warned me but I thought I could help someone with the post and that Google might find it for a good search effort.

Heritage Rough Rider. An affordable, reliable, and accurate convertable 22 rimfire SA revolver.
Ruger Single Six. A family heirloom for generations. At more than twice the cost of a Rough Rider.

I've owned a Super Single Six since the early seventies, so, by definition (given my poor boy status), the Ruger is imminently "affordable". :)

It is quite an accurate shooter with the 22lr cylinder which I use over 99% of the time.

I use my s/s, Super Single Six for hiking and camping duties (it's an exceptionally good companion for the times I venture into the Boundary Waters for two week fishing trips via canoe) and always keep it loaded with .22 Magnum ammunition. I use my auto pistols when shooting "regular" .22s.

I bought my Ruger 5 1/2 inch Single Six Convertible in 1972 I think, for 79.00 bucks new in the box. It was fired so much over the year hunting, family reunions and range time it became out of time. Unless the hammer was cocked smartly the cyl. would not
always lock up but would still fire and spit lead out the cyl. gap. Called Ruger C.S. and they wanted the gun back for a safety ck. Ruger sent me a box & shipping label and I FED X'd it to them. About three weeks later the gun was home, in perfect time, cleaned forcing come, a new front sight and touched up blueing. NO CHARGE !!!!!! hdbiker

I've a 22 Bisley Convertible. Had my smith set a 2# Trigger and a Fermin Garza front sight. At 71, I can hit the 50 yard 22 gongs 6x6 without glasses!

Bought a blue Single Six convertible in 1972. Love it. I keep the Mag cylinder in it as I have an other .22lr that is extremely accurate. You will wear out before the gun.

Don’t remember the year I bought my stainless convertible 5-1/2” with adjustable sights but found the price tag in the box and paid $189 new. It’s been a great gun that I’ll never sell.

Back