This is why I carry a REVOLVER!

Revolver people tend to subscribe to the marksmanship method of defensive shooting rather than the spray-and-pray method.
Naaa, the revolver shooters just havent caught up yet or figured out how to get more rounds in the guns. :D

What are they up to now? 8?

Spray and pray is a function of the shooter, not the guns. ;)

I may be hosing the target down, but theres no praying involved on my end, just good, solid hits. :D

or you can pull a mike hammer impression on the perp.

nuthing like a quirky grin from a guy who just shoved a 1911 through your front teeth before it goes off.

I’ve seen two revolver jams.
My pal was shooting fresh, factory .357mag ammo through his Security six, when he had a squib that pushed the bullet into the forcing cone, with the base in the cylinder. He was done for the day with that revolver.
About a year ago, a guy next to me at the rifle club started complaining that his Ruger LCR cylinder wouldn’t turn, wouldn’t open. I took a look, and it was the good old bullet creep problem. He was shooting blazer aluminum case round nose lead. I was able to pull the bullet out the front of the cylinder with my fingers...

I’m curious to know what a Colt Trooper III has it’s trigger made of. Even a trigger milled from steel and treated could snap off. But if made MIM or cast it may be something that is bound to happen again. I don’t do Colts, I use to 40+ yrs ago now I only have one a NS 455.
I’m S&W fan but only blue P&R era or older.

I shoot both my revolvers and semi auto’s the same way. I pull the trigger as fast as I can and stay on target at SD distances out to ten yards. For me they both perform about the same, just more holes from the semi auto. Normally I just load ten rounds at a time in my semi, but every once in a while I’ll shoot a full mag and it feels like I’m never going to run out.

Back