Thinking about getting a Seecamp...

I'm off to youtube to see if there are any videos of the Silvertip HP expanding when fired that tiny pistol. I doubt it.

Any round from any pistol can be made to expand, it's a matter of engineering and design. You may even have to use an aluminum jacket and silly putty, but you can get expansion.

The most important part is getting that bullet to perform according to the other, more important criteria. Can it go deeply enough to cause serious damage, and can it function in the gun? With the .32acp, expansion is barely important, it's important to give a good wound track, and expansion may block any penetration to blood sources.

A bullet must open up for the jacket to peel back. Plugging the hollow point turns it into a solid mass.

I have always thought that the best possible design for most handgun rounds would be a partition. A heavy, dense plug of tungsten would be in the base. The would be an wide, empty copper cavity in the front partition. That cavity would be plugged with plastic, and the copper jacket would have been scored at the front to create a specifically sized petal.

That design could not fail to expand under almost any conditions. Under optimal conditions it would expand perfectly. The bullet could also be shorter, giving room to tweak the round and design a bit.

Gold Dot and Silver Tip from an LWS32 into water jugs. they act like FMJ.

Attachments

• 101_0016.jpg
    101_0016.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_0319.jpg
    100_0319.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_0318.jpg
    100_0318.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 21
My first carry gun was the NAA Guardian .32, followed by the Seecamp a year later (sold the NAA). It was the lack of anything resembling a sight that turned me off; I took the restricting strip out of one of the Seecamp magazines and used that one for roundnose - your mileage may vary, but I didn't have problems. Anyway, I started carrying the P32 in summer because it disappears into pants pockets even with light short pants. In winter I have been carrying a Pico, but got hold of an LCP custom (the red trigger one) and will carry that if I can be assured of reliability. After initial cleaning, the LCP is doing well.

Back