Thinking about getting a Seecamp...

not for me

had a 32 seecamp years ago . felt the build quality was good but it had other drawbacks . very small & hard to shoot accurately , kind of weird takedown procedure , & no sights is not a plus & expensive .

took it to the range shortly after receiving it & a part flew off the gun with 2nd mag of ammo. sent it to seecamp for repair . they had it several weeks as i recall . got it back , fired it , did not really like it. sold it & never looked back .when you look at the comparison pics here , remember ... a gun can be TOO small . carrying ok , but hard to shoot.
i 'd look around real good before i laid down my cash for one ! there is so many choices on the market now . i carry a glock 43 9mm & honestly i wouldn't take 3 seecamps for it .

I considered a lighter version of my Model 60, however they aren't much smaller (with the exception of the Ruger), and the recoil would be WORSE than my S&W unless I went down significantly in caliber.

That is part of why I prefer the LCR to the alloy J-frame. As far as recoil and caliber, aren't you already going further down in caliber with a switch to .380 or .32 acp? With .38 special or something like .32 H&R Magnum in an LCR 327, you'd arguably get a little more power with a little better recoil distribution. Of course...

Revolvers are also a bit wide as far as pocket carry goes in my experience.

They are wider. As I said, it depends on the pocket and the pants. Another major factor here is the pocket holster. A good pocket holster controls orientation in the pocket and obscures lines over the width of that surface. I use an Elite Survival (Size 3) for the LCR and it performs admirably.

As far as semi-autos go, there aren't that many good options that I've seen for actual, consistent pocket carry. I got a Kel-Tec .380 shortly after they came out, and got rid of it as quickly as i could. It fired, but the quality was so lacking I was surprised it didn't have "K-Mart" stamped on the side.

Besides power and recoil considerations, this was another reason that I initially went with the S&W 442 and later the LCR for pocket carry. That was the state of the market when I was getting more serious about concealed carry and "program compliance". I just didn't have a lot of love for pocket semi-autos of the time. I got excited about the S&W Bodyguard 380 when it first came out but that ended up a poor choice for me as well.

Today might be a different story. I think the market has come a long way since then. I'd still want the LCR 327 in any pants that would have it but for those few that won't? So many people seem happy with recent pocket autos like the LCP II or LC9S, Glock 42 or 43. None of them get down to the size of a Seecamp or Guardian, but they are lighter and some may be more shootable. Of course, the longer I linger on this topic, the more I start thinking that I want a Guardian in .32 NAA. I just wonder if I'd end up regretting it.

I have handled Seecamps. The quality is very nice.

My most-carried handgun is my LCR. My second most carried is my LCPII.

The Beretta Pico is a micro 380 that the OP might like. Its quality is very nice (it's a Beretta), and the innards are stainless steel, IIRC.

"The 32 is totally obsolete platform." In your mind.
In reality, the .32 acp is chambered in millions of guns.
Recoil in 32 is much less than .380.
You can not find a lighter pocket automatic than the P32.

Good post. I wouldn't want to get hit with any of them.

Some folks are just so knowledgeable about various calibers. I cannot help but think, "Welp, let's check your theory. Go stand out there and take a couple of rounds in the chest. Then let me know what ya think."

lol

;-)

Seecamps are absolute jewels. I have a 32 that’s pushing 30 years old. It’s the final option for carrying a gun absolutely discretely.

I recently picked up a new .25 just to play with. Mines been outstanding.

I own a NAA Guardian. Nice gun, much chunkier.

The Remington RM380 is my go to pocket gun now. Probably 300 rounds through it. Never a burp.

(I owned a Rorbaugh. Beautiful gun. Could not get it to run with any ammo.)

32 is obsolete because of the loads, rimlock risk, and your getting what again over 380? Less recoil? Additionally, the LCP holds the same amount of rounds as the P32 with a Magguts spring in the stock LCP magazine.

The P32 slimness to the P3AT is near nothing. The Beretta Pico takes care of that too.

Dude is looking at a Seecamp. Weight doesn't matter because of the blow back design. That will be about as painful as a 38 +p to low recoil 357 due to the blowback vs LCP locked breech.

Save your money. I had one that wouldn't fire 5 rounds without SOME KIND of failure. Sent it back TWICE. They never could fix it.

the gun was not designed to shoot boutique ammo, and the new company in Southwick does not produce the quality of guns that were made in Milford.

"The seecamp is really compact and much easier to conceal than most of the .380s mentioned. Some folks don't realize how small the Seecamp is because they are fairly rarely seen in gun shops."

Dont need a gun that small to conceal. My EDC is a M&P 9c. I carry it in a whitehat holster IWB. Fully Concealed with a tshirt and I dont even notice it is there. Never budges... never have to fuss.

I think bad holsters are the biggest problems with carry. I know because I have several hundreds of dollars worth in a drawer. But in the pocket can be a problem for quick access, when sitting down for example.

I have owned a seecamp, nice gun. I just dont trust the 32 for defense. Just my opinion. I would op for something larger. AND a quality holster.

"The seecamp is really compact and much easier to conceal than most of the .380s mentioned. Some folks don't realize how small the Seecamp is because they are fairly rarely seen in gun shops."

Dont need a gun that small to conceal. My EDC is a M&P 9c. I carry it in a whitehat holster IWB. Fully Concealed with a tshirt and I dont even notice it is there. Never budges... never have to fuss.
However, the point of the topic's conversation was about pocket guns. I'd like to see your holstered M&P concealed in a pocket.

Neat listing on that Genitron site Jehzsa. The .32 list omitted the beautiful and quality made Sig P230. One of my personal favorites, (though not a pocket gun either).

the gun was not designed to shoot boutique ammo

It was,according to the designer and maker, built around using the .32 acp silvertip. It wasn't meant to shoot anything else. the feed was built specifically for it.

The guy also stated in an article that I read 'this isn't meant to be in a gunfight. You're supposed to stick it in the guy's face and fire it!'

Even he, the maker, wouldn't want you to carry one as a primary defense weapon, this was a vest pocket backup. He would also have a spaz attack if he found out that it was being fired with buffalo hair gold plated plastic tipped nitrate infused pumpkin spice ammo.

Over the years I've owned 2 of these guns in 32 acp. They were well respected shirt pocket guns for deep carry. Well liked by many leos over the decades in the past. Other designs eclipsed them mostly due to lower cost.

The original Seecamps were and are small jewels particularly with the recommended ammo, Win. Silvertip hollowpoints. Mine were very reliable. Excellent small size for pocket carry in any pocket.

Recoil is moderate and certainly less than any 38 Spl. in a wheelgun.

The downside for me was size of the gun vs. the size of my hands. They were too small for me to operate reliably.

The heavy da trigger was also a liability for me given the small size of the gun. It made it more difficult to shoot well at 7 yards or beyond (which is a self imposed gauge of accuracy for me with small guns.) Though the Seecamp and it's kin are made for table top, other side of the table, distance.

tipoc

Neat listing on that Genitron site... The .32 list omitted the beautiful and quality made Sig P230. One of my personal favorites, (though not a pocket gun either).

Hello, PSP.

I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it. And the database includes the Sig P232 in .380 but not the P230.

It makes me take notice now that the list also omits the Bersa 84, 844 and Thunder in .32. And the FEGs with the daughter's initials.

:)

I'm off to youtube to see if there are any videos of the Silvertip HP expanding when fired that tiny pistol. I doubt it.

Back