There's Some New 12 Gauge Howdah Pistols in Town!

Someone posted that all of their grips are composite and are only colored to look like wood.
But at least their prices should end up being much less than the cost of a Pedersoli Howdah and these are 12 gauge instead of 20 ga..
We'll need to see how they actually shoot once they decide to make some videos of their own or some folks publish reviews.

Last edited:
Being muzzleloaders they can easily be loaded more mild. I couldn’t imagine what recoil of a full 12 ga load in such a small package would be like!

mods

If they'd make that with about 14-16" " bbls, and a butt stock with a LOP of about 12" or so, enough to shoulder, and sell it at the same price, I'd find it even more interesting. Still, it'd be a fun toy.

Are these rifled barrels? If not, how do they get around being destructive devices since the barrels are greater than .50"?

Pedersoli basically put a shotgun stock on a Howdah Hunter pistol, switched the trigger from double to single, switched to back action locks, and is calling it a Baker Cavalry Side by Side 20 ga..
Cabela's price for it is $1099:--->>> https://www.cabelas.com/product/sho...-ga-black-powder-shotgun/2319089.uts?slotId=0

The Pedersoli Howdah Hunter 20 ga. cost $699:--->>> https://www.cabelas.com/product/sho...i-howdah-hunter-ga-pistol/740261.uts?slotId=1
Not sure if I remember correctly but I think Sam Fadala wrote about that Baker cavalry shotgun way back in the 70’s? I have a couple editions of his Blackpowder Loading Manuals and it’s in one of them.

If I had some extra cash that Diablo would be mine..... if they the Diablo in 20 gauge I would have to do some begging , borrowing and couch mining to get the ultimate pocket derringer ! That little rascal is just cool !

I just read the spec's....it's black powder, muzzle loader and I can order it with no FFL and it can be shipped to my house...AWESOME !
I getting one of these bad boys !
Gary

I subscribed, got a $25 off code & ordered me a Diablo with black grips/forearm today, $366 delivered. I’ll keep y’all posted when it arrives

No interest here either. I see more pain there than shooting a .50BMG with no muzzle brake.

those things are just as ugly as a perforated appendix.
I hope to never encounter either of those!

(And how did you come up with that comparison?)

I'd love to say that I was a trauma surgeon. But no, I haven't actually seen one in person. Just in textbooks and on video. I suspect that most hunters have a hint what a gangrenous little organ looks like. In fact, it looks a lot like those shotguns, so you don't really need to look it up.

The stocks look too cheap for me. If they had some real wood, I might be interested.

Black powder doesn't recoil like smokeless powder.

my thoughts are that the guys who buy this won't be really caring too much about the shooting as much as they want the boom. Shooting two handed from the hip you'll have your shoulder wrenched a bit, maybe a little twisting of other tendons, maybe even a full load wouldn't be as dangerous as it seems that it might be.

I dunno, a twelve gauge with 7/8 ounce of shot and a two dram charge couldn't be too bad. And maybe it would be a lot of fun to unload a great big pile of buckshot and smoke.

Still not gonna go there. I'd have to look at it as I loaded it, and I've seen all of that thing that I ever want to see.

Back