The secret to more than a pocket gun for summer carry, wear a shirt.

CDW4ME

Want to carry more than a pocket gun in the summer, wear a shirt.
I'm concealing a Glock 19 AIWB and a PM40 in weak hand pocket.
Dominant hand (right) and Glock 19 IWB facing forward.
When out in public wear shorts and a shirt, concealment aint that hard.
index.php

index.php

yeah, I don't tuck in a shirt if I'm wearing shorts, so carrying a larger than a 950BS is quite easily done on the waste.

So waking around shirtless all these years has been my problem?? Sonofabitch!!

Probably tanked a lot of interviews for me too, huh. :)

The thing is, pocket carrying my LCP in a Desantis Nemesis is just so comfortable and easy. The gun shoots well for me. I know I'm giving up some power and capacity compared to my other carry pistols, but it's such a nice rig to just drop in my pocket and go.

I have this convo a lot with new guys when they get on our job and think they need a G43 to be able to conceal carry off duty. I wear t shirts and conceal a 1911 full size, 2 mags and an ontario rat knife. So long as you're not determined to wear shirts that look like they're painted on it's easy to carry something bigger than a mouse gun.

"...wear a shirt..." In most cases that should be a legal requirement. snicker.
"...that look like they're painted on..." Shoudn't be allowed either. snicker.

I agree. Being retired and older I now longer concern myself with fashion too much.

I retired last year. I exempt myself from inconsequential social fashion expectations. :)
If a tucked in shirt is a requirement I'm in the wrong place.

"...wear a shirt..." In most cases that should be a legal requirement. snicker.
"...that look like they're painted on..." Shoudn't be allowed either. snicker.

99.9% of people would rather see me in loose fit clothing than anything tight.
And the other 0.1% would change their mind once whatever drugs they took wore off. ;)

Light summer weight vest as an option

I've seen shirts blow open in the wind and some folks would say; So what?? :confused: Another option is a summer weight "travel vest" where you san put a reasonable amount to "tuff" in the side shirts and keep the vest open. You can still wear a light button shirt or T-shirt. You won't print and "Flashing" would be minimal. …… :)

Hey, try it and you might just like it. ……. :)

Be Safe !!!

I've been wearing a belt pack holster for going on 30 years. I don't care if belt packs are out of style, I find it useful to keep all my pocket stuff together as well...

Tony

You can carry a pretty big gun concealed in the pocket of some pants with a good holster, and without a shirt.

Back