The one you will not sell or trade

I have guns that belonged to my dad, a grandfather, and an uncle, and while I cherish them all, the "from my cold, dead fingers" gun is a Colt M1991A1 that I modded myself, twenty years and 20k rounds ago.
I selected and fitted most of the parts, and have shot the gun at matches all over the country.
There was also that time a friend called, who needed a ride to the wrong side of the tracks to recover his stolen car, and the gun went with me then, too.

Attachments

• coltpic4.jpg
    coltpic4.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 38
My heirloom firearms will mean nothing to my kids. They are step-kids who only met one of the 5 people connected to them. And, only one of the three has any interest in guns.

If I could ONLY have one, it would be a toss up between a BHP made in the 1950s or the Caspian 1911 that I built from frame/slide.

Why? I love the feel in the hand and I have .22lr conversions for either.

Plus, I have replacement slides for both, if something gets damaged.

I have a lot of others I'd like to keep, but those would be the last two I'd get rid of.

In long guns, it would be my Marlin 39A, from 1954. It just feels alive in my hands and I am very accurate with it.

Gramps Fox Sterlingworth...

My kids dont hunt much so I dont know what will become of it. Maybe I should sell so I can control where/how much it goes for, somewhat.

JMSTR:
If I could ONLY have one, it would be a toss up between a BHP made in the 1950s or the Caspian 1911 that I built from frame/slide....Why? I love the feel in the hand and I have .22lr conversions for either.
I've always wanted a .22 LR upper for my Hi-Powers, which units do you have and how well do they work? Best Regards, Rod

Dr Atwood, here giving me my first fishing rod, a few years later gave me a Winchester Model 70.......................that he killed an elk every year with.............until he retired.

My .45 will stay with me until the end. It is a Colt MK IV and I am the original owner. I have owned it since 1980.

Original 1875 Remington revolver. I am not sure what .44 caliber it is. I am the 5th owner of this revolver. The 1st two were the father and son who owned the gun store where it laid in the showcase for a considerable period of time until someone bought it still in the box. My father-in-law made a gun stock for the 3rd owner in the 1940s and received the Remington in a trade for the stock. It is now mine. As near as I can tell it has not been fired more than a few times by the 3rd owner on New years eve and maybe July 4th as my father-in-law was told.

All of them are for sale at the right price. My Browning High Power is my first and oldest handgun, but if someone offered me say $25,000....

My S&W Highway Patrolman .357 and My Colt Trooper. Those stay no matter what. Retired LEO and these two are my favorites for sentimental reasons. And they are darn fine wheelguns.

Back