The one you will not sell or trade

I am really very fond of my 1943 Colt 1911A1 and would be hard pressed to let it go

7a00828f86e6f4b7bad30cbe19f50a71.jpg

I’ve also had this Barretta 93 R for over 20 years and I cannot imagine parting with it, it’s such an amazing look and design

a94c9e35a1501fb7dea7151063ae8dab.jpg

S&W Model 686 Plus that my Mom bought me in 2002 for my birthday. She handled the gun and really liked it. She died the next year after years of battling cancer. She took care of her kids and wanted me to have it. It has been tuned to perfection, just the way Mom would like it.

Classic12 said:
I am really very fond of my 1943 Colt 1911A1 and would be hard pressed to let it go

Classic, is that finish original, or at least arsenal refinished?

Gotta hold on to my Cylinder & Slide 100th Anniversary 1911A1. Army designation; s/n 88. Fortunate to be able to pick the designation & s/n. My old man was a Viet Nam vet. 82nd Airborne, 9th Infantry. Got married on the 8th. If you look up what R&D Bill Laughridge had to go through and making his own tool/dies, you'd be amazed. It's the finest firearm I own.

https://cylinder-slide.com/Item/51A

https://cylinder-slide.com/PDFarticles/Classic-1911-Final.pdf

https://cylinder-slide.com/1911gvt

My colt 1991A1 after my 20 I the navy I finally had enough cash to buy a 1911. That was what I bought. It will feed and shoot anything in 45 ACP. It has been my companion since I bought it. It would be the last to go. On another matter, if I sold my M1A my son would be deeply hurt as it is promised to him when I pass.

Last edited:
I have my place of internment paid for along with my cremation, ashes go into a plastic ammo can with my dogs ashes, some cherished items including a mini 380 pistol (no ammo). Padlock for the lid and into the ground we go. I really like the Sig P 238 and the Star DK from which almost all of the minis came from.

I don't really have any. They're just guns, made to be bought and sold, swapped and traded. No emotional attachment at all.

The last one I'd sell would probably be a Ruger Security 9, and I say that simply because it was inexpensive and would probably bring the least on the second hand market.

Classic, is that finish original, or at least arsenal refinished?

Gotta hold on to my Cylinder & Slide 100th Anniversary 1911A1. Army designation; s/n 88. Fortunate to be able to pick the designation & s/n. My old man was a Viet Nam vet. 82nd Airborne, 9th Infantry. Got married on the 8th. If you look up what R&D Bill Laughridge had to go through and making his own tool/dies, you'd be amazed. It's the finest firearm I own.

https://cylinder-slide.com/Item/51A

https://cylinder-slide.com/PDFarticles/Classic-1911-Final.pdf

https://cylinder-slide.com/1911gvt

I think the finish is original. I bought it at an auction from an LGS in Switzerland close to the German border, they have a lot of guns coming in from Germany. The pistol has German acceptance proof stamps from 1993, very discreetly applied under the slide.

I imagine it led a quiet life with a US officer based in Germany who let it go somehow.

91e245faf263277c904298f6a7fb7a6b.jpg

Never saw that Cylinder & Slide model, very impressive

If it had a direct role in saving my life it gets passed on to my son long before it gets sold or traded.

Heck, he could almost make a living out of em!

My Colt Vest Pocket and my Colt Python.

The Vest Pocket is from 1919 and the Python is from 1961. The Vest is in excellent shape and is a great shooter.

The Python is well worn, I believe it was a police gun, but damn, the trigger is excellent and is a hell of a shooter.

Mine would be a Savage Model 99 in 300 Savage that My father purchased when he got back from Vietnam in 1967. He took one buck with it and put it away. Hunting wasn’t his thing. He gave it to me and it looks like new. I took a few deer with it and now it’ retired.

I guess my most favorite handgun is the one I picked for myself because I really like it, I like the gun itself and I like the .40 Cal.
It is no heirloom but just one I really liked..
My 8040 Beretta Cougar

If I had to pick one gun period, it would be my Dan Wesson 715. I've had it 14+ years and it was only $269 in near mint condition.
f4aRm0.jpg

If I had to pick one revolver and one semiauto, it would be the 715, and my Tanfoglio "Mossad" 9mm. My favorite to shoot of all my 9mm guns. Slide to frame fit is just about perfect, DA trigger is OK, but SA is amazing.
qp0yEu.jpg

Well, there are two actually.

A Sig 1911RCS in .45 ACP that son #2 gave me about ten years ago. It's hands down the best carry 1911 I've owned or shot. Alloy frame, Novak night sights, checkered fore and back straps, match trigger and bbl.... you get the idea....all of the carry stuff I like and none of the 'mall ninja' crap.

The 2nd is a Smith M24 in .44 Special, given to me by son #1. With its 6-1/2" bbl., it's not an everyday carry piece but is superbly accurate. Were I challenged to bet the farm on a single shot with a handgun...at any range...it'd be the choice.

A little history is in order here: when my eldest son was 13, (he's now 47), I'd taught him to shoot with a Marlin M39 "Mountie"...a rifle I'd given him for his 8th birthday, and he was VERY good with it. Walking out on our farm, we'd spent many a happy afternoon picking off milk weed pods and thistle tops for practice.

On one especially memorable day, I asked him if he'd be willing to bet his rifle against my M28 Smith...one shot...on a milk weed pod at ~25 yds. He hemmed and hawed but I badgered him into it...(never would have followed up on the bet had I won)....and we went at it....I was pretty confident at the time; two handed from a Weaver stance, I could hit a postage stamp at 25 yds, pretty much on demand...for the first shot. Well...as the old saying says, "never bet a pistol against a rifle, at any range!". So true, and he's had the Smith ever since. A lesson for both of us!!!

Ten years ago, he found another one in a back country gun shop and picked it up for a song. It was my Christmas present that year!

Best Regards, Rod

6" Blue Python from 1982 and a Radom from 1943 which was a gift. These 2 are definite.
Probably along with everything else in the safe. In the past I have always had sellers remorse

My 1979 Colt Python, 4" barrel and nickel finish that I got for my 50th birthday. I can't imagine ever selling it.

Last edited:
Trying to make it a policy not to sell any...

But my academy class pistol (custom engraved/inlayed 1911) would not be on any list to sell.

That has been with me through 2 home invasions

Sorry man. That's horrible. The statistical odds of that are really, really low.

Anyways, the one I'd never sell: CZ P-01. The first centerfire handgun I ever bought, and I still shoot it better than anything else.

Back