The one you will not sell or trade

mrt949

I Have A Ruger Security Six 4" 357 Mag 200 Year Of Liberty .
That has been with me through 2 home invasions 1 DIVORCE .
3 JOB Losses health issues
Now RETIREMENT
What is your story

Probably my FN 1906 25acp. It's been my traveling companion now for a long long time and I'd likely walk funny without that weight in my pocket.

medium800.jpg

ive got a ruger blackhawk 44mag i dont think id ever let go.....also a 10mm g29 that is my woods gun i cant see turning loose of either, 2 smith and wessons that were xmas gifts and have sentimental value (model 39 and a gold barreled buckmark).

With all the craziness with the 2nd amendment i can see how people would also be hesitant to let go of any firearms they picked up thru private sales (not that i have any of those)

Colt Govt Model .45acp and S&W M29-2, inherited from my father.

Won't be sold, ever.

I would trade both, gladly, to have him back....

I don't think I would ever get rid of my Colt Police Positive chambered for .32 Colt. It was nickel plated at the factory and shipped in September of 1908. Well, maybe if the price was right.

IMG_4723_1.jpg

since none of my guns are family heirlooms they could all end up on the block, but my 681 is probably the last to go because its what I started policing with way back yon.

14c369a5f398861ea1abbe61be31c994.jpg

.22 Browning Nomad. Bought this in 1963 when I was 14 years old. Couldn’t believe my mom said ok. Dad had to sign for it. Took all my summers worth of lawn mowing money. Bought the Lawrence holster afterwards. Everything pictured cost less than one Benjamin. NFS now or ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marlin 39A golden trigger

The one you will not sell or trade

Not only not sell or trade but "just Can't" .. ..... :rolleyes:

It's a Marlin-39A golden trigger that I bought at the gun shop, located in Gitmo Bay, Naval base, after we were released from the blockade. Can't take it with me, it will be gifted to one of my special Grandsons. He has no idea, it's coming ..... :eek:

Be Safe !!!

That would be Lucille,,,
My Momma's Colt Frontier Scout.

lucille-lr.jpg

I grew up with this revolver living atop the kitchen fridge,,,
"Get your chores done without me having to nag you and you can shoot Lucille this evening"

Mom always promised the gun would be mine someday,,,
Finally at the age of 32 years she sold it to me for a crisp 100-dollar bill.

Three months later the gun was stolen from my house.

Mom passed away in the mid 90's.

In the late 90's I was at my BIL/Sister's house for a visit,,,
BIL was the executor for my Mom's will.

They had finally sold Mom's house after going through it for valuables,,,
He said, "Look what I found under your Mom's bed.",,,
He went and got this gun to show me.

I told him that was my gun and I had no idea how it got back to her,,,
He said it was not my gun as Mom had written me out of her will.

Later on I finally got my younger brother to confess,,,
Mom had him break into my home and "Get her gun back".

BIL still said the gun was now his.

I did finally manage to get (take) possession of Lucille,,,
Haven't spoken a word to the BIL since then,,,
And probably never will.

I have no one to leave this gun to in my will,,,
I think I'll have it buried with me.

Aarond

I used to think it was the guns I inherited but I really don’t have an emotional attachment any of my firearms.

Truth is I’d sell them all if I could get crazy money and keep one of my Shields for SD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell of a story there aarondhgraham. I wouldn't talk to that guy either.
What I won't sell or trade?, my Springfield 1911-A1 mil-spec. It shoots too good. Accurate, no stove pipes, no FTF, utterly reliable. New since '93.

I have more than just one that would be the last to ever go, but this one is indeed special. A Ruger 3-screw BH .45 Colt with a couple of modifications.

That would be Lucille,,,

My Momma's Colt Frontier Scout.

lucille-lr.jpg

I grew up with this revolver living atop the kitchen fridge,,,

"Get your chores done without me having to nag you and you can shoot Lucille this evening"

Mom always promised the gun would be mine someday,,,

Finally at the age of 32 years she sold it to me for a crisp 100-dollar bill.

Three months later the gun was stolen from my house.

Mom passed away in the mid 90's.

In the late 90's I was at my BIL/Sister's house for a visit,,,

BIL was the executor for my Mom's will.

They had finally sold Mom's house after going through it for valuables,,,

He said, "Look what I found under your Mom's bed.",,,

He went and got this gun to show me.

I told him that was my gun and I had no idea how it got back to her,,,

He said it was not my gun as Mom had written me out of her will.

Later on I finally got my younger brother to confess,,,

Mom had him break into my home and "Get her gun back".

BIL still said the gun was now his.

I did finally manage to get (take) possession of Lucille,,,

Haven't spoken a word to the BIL since then,,,

And probably never will.

I have no one to leave this gun to in my will,,,

I think I'll have it buried with me.

Aarond

That's one heck of a story.

I have two that I will never sell even though I have had to sell all the rest a few times over the years.

One is the first new gun my Dad bought me which is a Mossberg bolt action 20 gauge, and the other is the first new gun that I boughy myself. It is a 1976 Marlin Glenfield 30-30 I bought when I was fifteen.

Some touch your heart !!

I used to think it was the guns I inherited but I really don’t have an emotional attachment any of my firearms.
Good point as there are firearms arms that touch your heart and some that never could. For instance; I like my SideLocks and happy to have sold my last MML, last week end. Family connected firearms are very special and love the stories that come with them. As we get more "Vintage", we send "things" on to a better home. What's left, are great memories .... :)

Be Safe !!!

Norinco copy of a Walther TT Olympia customized by Larry Leutenegger sporting a 1” Ultradot.

I had been shooting air pistol in my basement. I could only get 9 meters of range, not the regulation 10 meters because... House. I seemed to be scoring pretty well and wondered how I would do at a match. I started looking, and it would have taken a trip to the big city. But .22 pistol league... there were two of them within 30 miles.

After a bit more research, I found that a bullseye pistolsmith lived 35 miles from my house! “Larry, what should I buy?”

“Right now, get an IZH 35M and I can slick it up as good as any Hammerli for a quarter of the price. I met with a bunch of Eastern Bloc gunsmiths at a competition and they shared some secrets. It’s just not as pretty but they are real shooters.” As I loved my IZH 46 air pistol, I ordered one.

“Or a completely different feel, get yourself a Norinco copy of a TT Olympia and I’ll mill a scope rail, do a trigger job and give you a custom magazine release. I love mine, it’s what I shoot in league. It’s literally 100% parts compatible with the Walther and Hammerli, and the steel is real good to work with!”

As I was an Engineer and had money to burn, I found one on GunBroker and sent it to be slicked up.

The IZH was a full size full shelf grip target pistol. Enormous for a .22. From the start, my rapid fire scores were tops- and I credit the pistol. It was big and didn’t buck, with a perfect trigger right at match minimum. Beautiful. I sold it, eventually.

The TT Olympia clone is about the size of a Bersa Thunder. The trigger isn’t “breaking glass”, it’s pulling a toothpick through honey, and somewhere in there it goes bang. Really good. At 50 feet, it outshot my 10/22, each from bags, using CCI SV.

The Ultradot on top ends about 1/8 of an inch from the muzzle, and that pistol has been in the woods with me many times and brought back many cotton tails. It’s small enough to drop in a jacket pocket, accurate enough to seriously compete, I paid $600 or so all up including the custom work back when a comparable Walther was going for over $2,000.

I am a big fan of Rugers of all kinds, but no Ruger is even close to this one, unless you insist that the thing Volquartsen makes are really Rugers. Those might give that little TT a run for its money... they start at $1400 which is too rich for my blood.

Nobody knows what the heck a TT Olympia is anymore. Hardly anyone remembers why Noricos can’t be imported anymore. Nobody cares about bullseye accuracy or outstanding triggers anymore. Who would buy this thing? Nope, this is going to get passed on or buried with me.

Probably my Ruger Mark 4 Hunter in Stainless. It's not old but it's accurate and I saved for over a year to get it. The other handguns I have are just plastic fantastic but the Ruger SR22 is also fun to shoot and great for women or people with small hands.

On the other hand I have rifles that I will hold on to. Winchester M1917 in 30-06 that's been in the family for 60 years as my grandpa's first deer rifle.

Arisaka Type 38 6.5 that my other grandpa built, sporterized and started from a barreled action. Along with taking the biggest deer on family property. 16 pointer over 300 pounds.

I have four. First is my old Stevens 16ga double barrel. First gun I bought myself when I was 14 yrs old. I paid $30.00 for the shotgun and five boxes of shells. Second is my Dads old bolt action .22. He bought it in 1947 and paid for it by shooting jackrabbits for the bounty. The last two are my 4” and 6” S&W model 57’s, no dash P&R’d. No big story, I just like em.

My dad's NYPD service revolver and his off duty gun
I also won't sell my HK P7s - they're just too much fun and accurate to shoot.

Back