The new 28ga. Judge

Threat tagged. Cause I also don't get how this can be imported.

On a side note. If this could be sold as a "regular" pistol firing conventional 28ga shot shells - it might do alright sales wise here in the USA.

I simply do not believe the American Rifleman link, as the 28ga Judge is clearly over .5" bore... BATFE wouldn't issue an exemption for a shotgun pistol, there is no precedent.

I've got a question about this Taurus Judge .28 gauge. Assuming that it was a smoothbore, and assuming that legality was not an issue, is there really that much difference between it and a .410 gauge in a pistol format? Would it make a bigger "boom", a bigger hole or a more devistating impact?

I've got a question about this Taurus Judge .28 gauge. Assuming that it was a smoothbore, and assuming that legality was not an issue, is there really that much difference between it and a .410 gauge in a pistol format? Would it make a bigger "boom", a bigger hole or a more devistating impact
If it was a smoothbore, it would be an AOW or SBS most likely. Its only chance for Title I status is with a rifled barrel and getting sporting purpose exemption from the DD definition.
Anyway, assuming it's an easily procurable Title I weapon, it would lose the .410 Judge's ability to use .45 Colt,which is the most effective load that pistol has. Unlike .410,there are no slugs or buckshot made for the 28ga that I know of. So users would have to use the few 28ga bird shot loads available, making the weapon even more useless for self defense.
It is pure marketing genius!
I for one look forward to more unique Taurus self defense products, like "The Bailiff", a unique 17 pound, 50 shot .22 short pepperbox, and "The Juror" a 10ga, 2 shot, lightweight side by side derringer.

Back