TFL End of Summer Meet!!! (Repost)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What distances are the ranges? 25, 50, 100, 200? Hopefully something longer than 200. The private range I belong to here, has 200 for the maximum. :(

------------------
Svt
1911 Addiction
"Rangers Lead the Way!"

I'm tentative as well.

It'll be between semesters so I'll need to blow off steam. :D

How long are the ranges? Should we bring targets? Will there be competitions?

"This is gonna be so GREAT!" -- Flounder (Animal House)

Pencil The Rock in for this one. Springfield, MO. My gf wants to go see her mom near St. Louis.. Maybe this would work out.

TR

Gunslinger -

Hotel chains offering the NRA affinity discount are Days Inn, Ramada, Wingate Inn, Howard Johnson and Travelodge. To get the discount you must make the reservations using the telephone numbers on the back of your membership card, and supply the reservationist with the NRA Benefit ID, also on the back of the card.

Please send me an e-mail if you have any questions.

------------------
Slowpoke Rodrigo...he pack a gon...

Vote for the Neal Knox 13

[This message has been edited by Slowpoke_Rodrigo (edited April 06, 2000).]

I'm checking on the distances of the ranges at the conservation department. I'll post that and if we are going to be allowed to use autos as soon s possible.

Thanks Slowpoke, that is what I was needing.
Terridarri and I have been on the phone the last couple of days comparing prices with the various motels looking for the best group rates. Slowpokes info will help in that. As soon as I've established the best prices I'll post them here.

For everyones convenience I'll post mine and Terridarris e-mail address here as links. Anyone needing any info please feel free to e-mail either one of us. :)

Gunslinger can be e-mailed at: gunscustom@aol.com

Terridarri: terridarri@aol.com

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

I might be able to make that.....Ill keep track of the thread. save me a motel room Im too old for that ground..lol....besides isnt it hot in august? Whats an out of town fishing license cost?....fubsy.

I might be able to make it, that is the last weekend of the World Freefall Convention (4th-13th). If I can schedule things right, maybe I can leave Freefall early and make a detour.

Q: Why would anybody jump out of a perfectly good airplane?
A: because the door was open! :)

Gravity Rules
bergie

[This message has been edited by bergie (edited April 06, 2000).]

Did Missouri vote down the ccw bill a while back?
Does Missouri have restrictive gun laws?
Otherwise I am only 12 hrs away and would love to be there!

------------------
Knock twice. Rap with your cane. Feels nice. You're out of the rain. We got your skinny girls. Here at the Western World
from Steely Dan's "Western World"

Tatters, the right to CCW was lost April 6 last year. However it was not defeated at the polls. It lost through ballot fraud by the sorry $#&^%#* in the state capital. In spite of that it is a gun friendly state and a very gun friendly area. Other than no CCW (A petition is being circulated to abolish the statute creating a Vermont type carry.) the laws in MO are not restrictive.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Open carry legal?

Wonder if any Georgians want to carpool?

[This message has been edited by Spectre (edited April 07, 2000).]

Coin and Scott, I'll stake out a shade tree for ya'll to pitch your tents under. ;)

Spectre, yes, Missouri does have open carry.

------------------
Gunslinger

Gunslinger and I have done some calling different motels to get prices and this is what we have came up with, and these prices are including the NRA discounts and group rate.

(1) Days Inn----they have 69 rooms and the rates are $60 per night and this is like in the middle of Springfield, which is a ways from us.

(2) Motel 6------they have 102 rooms available and the rates there are $33.99 & $39.99 per night and this would be a close distance to us.

(3) American Inn-----they have 171 rooms available and the rates there are $99.00 per night and this is relatively close.

(4) Ramada Inn----they have only 30 rooms available that night and the rates are $75 per night and this is close to us.

(5) Interstate Inn-----they have 141 rooms available that night and the rates are $38.96 and $44.95 per night plus 10% discount for group and this is the closest one to us, just a hop, skip and jump.

(6) Howard Johnsons----they have 50 rooms available and the rates are $75 per night and this is close.

(7) Travel Lodge-----they have 55 rooms available and the rates are $59.95, $52.95, and $49.95 per night and this is quite a distance.

(8) Quality Inn-----they have 197 rooms available and the rates are $75 per night and this close.

We would like to keep the motels advised as much as possible, but I think for the money and we can have the whole motel if we get enough to come is the Interstate Inn because it is close and the rates are good, but its up to what everyone else wants but if someone thinks they will be here and be staying in the motel let us know so we can inform the motel, Gunslinger and I would appreciate this very much, and the ones that want the phone numbers to the motels to make reservations let us know ahead of time and we will contact the motel to let them know you will be calling so you can get the discount because we have spoke immensley to each and everyone to get the best rates and let them know what was happening that weekend.
Thanks,
Terri :)

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT

SEE POST BELOW FOR MOTEL PRICING UPDATE

[This message has been edited by terridarri (edited April 09, 2000).]

Ken, cross-country trips together? You kids are really moving along, aren't you? :D

Missy was not overly enthusiastic. I might be making this trip alone.

Me: "Hey, honey, just so you know, there's going to be a big get together/party kind of thing with all the TFL members in Missouri. Springfield, actually."
SWMBO: "Welll........ I guess. If nothing else comes up."
Me: "Well, I figured we'd plan to go, thus if something did come up, we'd politely say 'no thanks, we'll be in Springfield, MO that weekend.'"
SWMBO: "Yeah, but something really important could come up."
Me: "Like what?"
SWMBO: "Well, you know, like ...... death or something......."

I was excited about being able to open carry for a moment, but the more I think about it, I've never carried before and have no training. Besides, can't be many places in Missouri safer than Gunslinger's lawn or a range with a bunch of TFLers having a fun day.
Frankly (and it kills me to admit this) my initial excitement a moment ago was mostly over the novelty of being able to carry. I'd be doing one of the most dangerous kinds of carrying for no good reason except the novelty of trying it, which isn't good. This was not something good to learn about myself. Now I'm a little sad. To think that I thought that way. I don't know why I'm posting this except that I can't tell this kind of stuff to my friends here because it has the word gun in it.

What's the law on transporting guns in the car? I certainly will keep a loaded gun handy if there's a legal way to do that in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back