TFL End of Summer Meet!!! (Repost)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunslinger

Since we lost yesterdays post and this thread I'll repost.
Briefly:

We've been talking about big TFL meet so let's do it.

I had proposed a meet the second weekend of August (August 12 & 13) in Sprigfield, Missouri.
Centrally located and plenty of lead time for anyone wishing to attend to make plans early.
I have three and a half (manicured) acres conveniently located five (highway) miles from town that anyone wishing to may camp on.
Springfield has plenty of motel facilities. (Someone had suggested in one of the lost post that there were motels that ofered NRA discounts. If those can be reposted or e-mailed to me I'll check localy and see if I can secure a group discount for the meet.)
We have a conservatioin department range that will allow us to use their facilities. Springfield is the headquarters for Bass Pro Shops and is located just a few miles from Branson (for anyone that cares).
We can have cook outs here and save restuarant expenses.
So far we have:
Don Gwinn
Coineach
HankL
Bob Locke
Joseph (tenative)
12-34hom
Slowpoke Rodringo

I'm still checking to see if we can fire autos on the range but feel confident that we can.

Terridarri and I will arrange everything we can on this end. Anyone interested please post and/or feel free to e-mail her or me for details and/or questions

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Once again, DIBS on Gunslinger's lawn. :D
Maybe Missy will even come with me. She hates gun shows, but a day or two of actually shooting is right up her alley.

Don, I'll pick you out a real good shade tree to pitch yer tent under. :D By all means bring 'er along, the moe the merrier.

We are planning on rocking, its going to be fun, looking forward to meeting you all and welcoming you all to Missouri.

Count me in as tenative also. I never know what travel plans my work has in stored for me. I get DIBS on the lawn too.

Gunslinger,
Save me a shady spot too.
You realize you're giving us an excuse to get more guns, because we don't want to be shown up to badly by our fellow members.
Eric

------------------
Formerly Puddle Pirate.
Teach a kid to shoot.
It annoys the antis.

Gunslinger & Terridarri,

Count me as tenative as well.

My folks go fishing in Branson MO and Bull Schoals Lake AR every year. Maybe I can hitch a ride with them of go that weekend. lol

------------------
Sandys' Homepage
RKBA forums
We are as one as we all are the same fighting for one cause -Metallica

Gunslinger,

If you've got some extra space on that manicured lawn, I'd like to pitch my little bit of heaven, as well! This should be a great time!

HA! I'm not even going to try to acquire enough guns to match any of you! Besides, if Miss D is there I'll have more guns than somebody.

Since I'll be in Northern CO by then, anyone interested in piling in for the ride?

Guess I'll need to start saving now so that I can be properly supplied with ammo. I'm down to 2 or 3 thousand rounds right now, and that's just not gonna cut it. ;)

I spoke with the conservation department range and we have it reserved for TFL members exclusivley on both mornings from 8:00AM until noon. At noon it will open to the public until 4:00PM. It offers pistol, rifle, trap and skeet ranges. Although full autos are not allowed as a rule I am working with the director to allow them for this (special) event and it looks promising.

We are contacting some of the local motels and are negotiating a group discount.

The local Brown Derby has Shriner Bock available in kegs!!! :D

Joseph, yes, there is plenty of room for camping. By the time we get all this organized there may be more tents set up than all those found at that little indian village that Custer ran 'cross back in June o' '76. :D

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back