Talk me out of it.

Where are all the "shot placement is everything" folks, why are they not defending the .25? Certainly a .25 through the eye into the brain would at least discourage a career criminal

I'd suggest the Ruger LCP instead of the Beretta .25. I think it's smaller, lighter, yet a larger and more effective caliber. Just my two cents

Seriously, CA is not so bad. It is a matter of perspective. WI didn't get their shall issue until 2012 & IL, 2014 (note: not talking about date the law passed).
CT, DE, MD, NJ, NY, RI, & of course DC are multiple times worst.

I personally would get qualified for both the 25 & 38. Life is about having options.

I didn't have to wait years to get an interview for a gun permit in the People's Republic of Massachusetts. CA sounds about as bad as DC in my opinion. Only a celebrity would be able to apply for a firearm, get the permit and the gun in a matter of weeks...

Amazingly, I was told that I must first take the gun and secure it in my car.
... the sales guy carried the package and accompanied me to the other side of the room, down the escalator and to the front door.
...he handed me the package and told me if I still wanted the ammo, I could come back without the gun (he was very clear about that), and I could buy some.
I've had that happen even in TX. It was the policy of that particular store that they would not sell ammo and a firearm in the same transaction.

To be clear, there's no LAW in TX that prevents a person from buying a firearm and ammo at the same time.

There are some STORES in TX that have POLICIES that prevent it--or at least that used to have such policies. The last time it happened to me was at Wal-Mart sometime prior to 1995.

If you can afford a Kahr PM9 you'll have a sub compact 9mm DAO that you can pocket carry.

I was raised in California but left during the Vietnam War and spent a career in the Navy. I will never go back other to visit family. Washington State is a shall issue state. That's the way it should be nation wide.

I was born in Maryland. It sounds like a total nightmare. Are there any worse other than maybe DC? It's a crying shame the way some states trample on your rights.

The one thing that Hurryin’ Hoosier didn’t add is that our CCW’s are for LIFE.:D
TAKE THAT YOU WASHINGTON CROOKS>
Actually Indiana does have a list of handguns you can carry for CCW.
The term they use is “Any”
I’m sorry I just couldn’t help myself.

Here in Texas you can carry what you want, how many you want, how you want, and with whatever ammo you want.

The state does not dictate such silliness.

But even better is Vermont, Arizona, and Alaska.

They don't supposed to dictate even the need for a stinken license to do what God Himself granted each person ,the right to defend themselves, and thus be armed.

Deaf

Lavan,

Put both on it. If you do actually have to use the gun in self-defense you will need a second as backup carry since the first one will be confiscated as evidence.

I have spare proven ccw guns just incase that happens.

Deaf

An LCP or P3AT would be smaller and lighter than most 25's, but they hold... six or seven... which it is escapes me at the moment... rounds of 380. I can carry mine in a shirt pocket.

If the 38 is to heavy, a Ruger LCR is a DAO snub 38 made partly of polymer that is extremely light and easy to carry. They have very nice triggers, too.

I'm in CA also, which is may issue. Don't not renew. Leave both your handguns on the permit. I don't know what county you're in, but in mine in doesn't matter what gun you use to qualify with.

WI didn't get their shall issue until 2012 & IL, 2014

True, but at least the WI permit is very easy to get. Just fill out the requisite paperwork chuck it in the mail with a check. I had mine in less than a week.

It's no AK (where I moved to WI from) but it'll work.

I know it is old, but I would renew renew renew, who knows how much harder they'll make it to get in CA in the first place, might as well already be on the "good" side of the system.

Also, I'd take a .38 over a .25

Back