Tacticool!!

The idea of folks trying to impress others by being "Tacticool"is not new. Back when I was a kid, I used to load the throwers in the trap house for the local sportsman's club. At most every shoot there were those few guys that always had their Ray-ban shooting glasses with the appropriate color lens along with their Filson hat, specialized shooting vest and coordinating long sleeved shooting shirt with matching elbow and shoulder patches. Many times they wore their canvas faced hunting pants too, even tho they weren't walking thru any thickets/briars patches. Back then they changed the barrels on their SxSs when they were shooting bad. Nowadays they change the choke tubes on their O/Us and all their outerwear has their gun manufacturer emblazoned on them. No different IMHO, than the one gun suburbanite and his "5.11" or "Elite Ops" tactical pants, or the Bow-Hunter wearin' his Under Armor Scent-Lok Camo to Gander Mountain during the off-season. How about them guys and Gals that shoot SASS? Dang burn it, they dress up just like ol' Wyatt and Miss Phoebe Ann Moses and parade around like it's 1885.

Nowadays, just like back in the 60s when I would load a coupla thousand clay pigeons on Sunday afternoons, I don't really care what folks wear when they have a gun with them....as long as they are safe and act responsibly with it.

My daughter buys me cool moral patches for my pack and case, knowing that shooting is my hobby.
I don't have the heart to remind her I am a middle + age, suburbanite. My moral is pretty much at baseline.

Back