SURVEY: Home Defense Arsenal

Anthony

Hi Guys,

I was talking with a very good friend of mine on the telephone and the subject of home defensse equipment came up. So I asked him what he kept to defend his homestead, wife, and three young boys. His bedside arsenal consisted of:

Colt AR-15 submachine gun in 9mm Parabellum
Three spare 32-shot magazines for the Colt
Remington 870 with a 12 1/2 inch barrel and pistol grip
Spare shells for the shotgun
Browning Hi-Power in 9mm with spare mags
Flashlight

As he lives in the sticks of Nebraska I was rather surprised he would keep two class III weapons and a handgun for home defense. Not that I'm being critical...I was just a bit surprised.

Many authorities advocate keeping a wide range of equipment next to the bed. Massad Ayoob even recommends using a police utility belt to keep everything together.

So what do you, the TFL members, have in your home defense kits?

Perhaps we can learn a trick or two from one another, eh?

- Anthony

-Colt Python .357 magnum w/3 speedloaders
-Springfield 1911 - 4 8 round MagPac magazines
-Remington 870 Police model with 7 round tube
-Glock 19 w/2 15round and 1 17 round magazine
-Winchester 94 30-30
-Remington 700 PSS .308
2 P.A.C.A. Level IIIa body armor with Spectra shield Trauma Plates
1 3 D Cell Mag-Lite Flashlight
1 Surefire 6Z Flashlight

I believe it is not just important to have a good home defense equipment, but where you have it. For instance, in the Master Bedroom is my main equipment
High Powered Flash Light
Ka-Bar Knife
Butt end of a Cue Stick
Cellular Phone
Colt 38 Special (above my head)
S&W 625-4, 45 ACP Revolver
Ruger 44 Mag
Remington Shot Gun
A safe with other firearms

Next to my computer where I spend a lot of time
S&W Model 410 S&W 40 Cal
Buck Knife
Flash Light
Phone

In the bathroom
a flash light
38 Special

In the living Room
Flash Light
Colt 45 ACP 1911 A1

Next to Reloading Bench
Flash Light
45 ACP
Colt 45 ACP Series 80
Case Knife

------------------
Society is safer when the criminal does not know who is armed

i fully trust the police to take care of me should the need arrive. i have no self-defense weapons...

------------------
what me worry?

Bedroom: 45 Auto; 12 Ga Beretta Auto riot gun
Kitchen: 9mm Luger P'08
Basement: Colt AR15 SP1

Red Car: S&W model 640 357 Magnum 2 1/8"
White Car: Glock 27 40 S&W; dbl bbl 12 gauge 18" bbls.

Pocket: S&W .38 Special Airweight Centennial

------------------
Son of Liberty

Medium-size Chow/Newfie mix
S&W 642, +P Silvertips, two speedloaders
Surefire 6Z
Wolf Ears 1030A

If I need more than that, I'll get the Bushmaster out of the safe....

Yeah, I trust the police to protect me too. Let's see now Home Envasion as my front door is being knocked down, which will I choose 911 or my 45 ACP. The police may be good but they are not that good to be there prior to the assault happening to you and your family. I respect your ideals and your choice of not owning a defense firearm, but I would highly suggest not to put all your trust into the police department, for it will take time for them to arrive. Most robbies are over in a manner of minutes and you and your family could be severely injured and God-Forbid killed in the process. If there were a break-in to my home I would dial 911, inform the Perp I have done so and ask him to vacate my home. I would also inform him I was armed and trained to use the firearm and I would not hesititate to do so in protecting my family and myself. I pray to God that this day will never come, but if it does I pray to God to give the strength and knowledge in making the right decisions at the time.

------------------
Society is safer when the criminal does not know who is armed

An old couch to start with.
My 2 (120 & 180lbs) black Great Danes have their own "private" couch and a free run of the place.
2nd, Moss 500a 12ga

------------------
Same Shot, Different Day

At hand, always, 1911A1 and 2 spare magazines. If I am dressed the stuff is on my body. If I am not dressed it is REAL close at hand.

Remington 870, extended magazine, close by also. Loaded with #4 buck.

Someplace here is a FAL with a couple of original 30 round magazines, loaded down by 3, for any distant shots required. Or for those hunkered down behind a car or some such.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

ATTICUS, I have slugger beside my bed also, though it's a softball model not the dreaded and feared assault version. :)

Don, I'm sure longhair was just pulling your leg. And, keeping mum.

Boy, some of you guys could invest a lot in firearms if you owned too big a home. ;)

Sheesh!! Boy do I feel naked compared to you guys! I all have (at the ready) is my Glock M17 and my Surefire 6Z flashlight, and I live in Los Angeles! The only people around here who have class III weapons are the gang members. (Fully registered of course)

A highly trained, highly rational LEO friend of mine keeps a gun in almost every room of his house, including the kitchen. Compared with him (and some of the earlier posters in this thread) my home defense "arsenal" is quite modest:

Glock 21 on my side of the bed.
S&W Model 10 on my wife's side of the bed.
Glock 17 at the other end of the house.
Winchester 12-gauge Defender in front hall closet.

A pre-ban Looseyville? What, does it smack the goblin multiple times for each swing?

Ahem.

My turn to tease the BATmen:

Mossberg 500 12-gauge pump to the left of the bed, alternate #00 and #8;
Breda 710 12-gauge auto to the right of the bed, #00;
S&W .357 Magnum, on the nightstand, Cor-Bon 125gr;
Ruger Mk-I .22LR auto, in the medicine cabinet, .22 Quik-Shok;
Buck model 119 between the mattress and box spring;
Short-handled hatchet(!) in the kitchen junk drawer;
and a 20-pound satanic-looking fiercely protective black British Shorthair who takes on (and beats) bigass dawgs.

------------------
"We are going to fight. We are going to be hurt.
But in the end, we will stand."
--Roland Deschain

2 125 lb rottweillers,(alarm and first layer)
3 40 lb aussie sheep dogs . if they get past them , i'll think of something.

cmore

NIL ILLEGITIMI CARBORUNDUM

Back