Student Arrested After Cutting Food With Knife

I skipped page 2 here on the discussion so this may have been posted. Anyone go to the Sunrise school website? On the front page it says
"Do What's Right, Do Your Best, Treat Others the Way You Want to Be Treated."
I guess the teachers want to be treated as felons now? What a joke!!!!!!!!!!

This whole thing is anti-evolutionary. We as humans, have supposedly come to rule the world because we have the ability to adapt and reason. We took a rock millins of years ago and turned it into a sharp object. Now we are going backwards and are taking sharp objects and making them dull!!!

I am only in my mid 40's, but when I wnet to school in the late 70's and early 80's, we carried buck knives in holsters on our belts. If I were in school now, in protest, I would put a spork in my holster just for fun!

This little girl probably would have been sent for a psych evaulation if she forgot the knife that day and the teacher had spotted her knawing at the piece of meat anyway.

hogdogs said:
The Tourist...
No dang security guard of a mall or store is going to detain me! They will end up going to the dentist!

At the time I posted my story and the infamous "felony sandwich," most of the replies and several PM's felt the same way.

And trust me, I've felt the bracelets. No rent-a-cop is going to abridge my rights to look like a brave uppity schmuck. I wasn't just going to beat these two, I was going to embarrass them. The real police would have found them pantsless, in the mall fountain.

But that's me, an adult. Consider this:

kayakersteve said:
psych evaulation...the teacher had spotted her.

The student was a minor, and for good or evil, the teacher was the authority. And as much as I have enjoyed shoving it to authority, (since the age of 5--it's a good story) you simply cannot place the burden of defending our enumerated rights on the back of a scared girl.

There are times to fight. A mall ninja pretending to be a cop is one thing (Hey, Columbo, lose thirty pounds and take the test again, squirrel) but a school environment just isn't one of those venues.

Having said that, we adults should make sure that everyone under the rank of sergeant in that nut-house gets so many reprimands jammed into their personnel file that they look like paper-shredders. The girl should be counseled; if it was my girl, I would comfort her, make sure she knows good from bad, and the idiot/townie thing and then I would buy her a new knife.

Again, we have opinions and expectations under law. This was a little girl.

this story is just stupid. I would get folks to march at the superintendants office and demand a demotion of all involved, principle mostly.

Back