Striker-fired,,,…safest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a positive note, not talking about the P226 from the 1980s and elite operators, I found the Australian night sight sku and just bought the only G19 Gen5 night sight model on the internet. Didn't show up using gun.deals, but a simple google search.

We'll see. I haven't heard of this place before and still "in stock" after I made the purchase.

https://gqarmory.com/product/glock-19-gen-5-w-night-sights/

For the additional safety and all :)

Price is why the group went to the Glock over the long used P226 though.

The HK they use is a suppressed compact Mk 24 Mod 0. In 2011, think of the compact 45 options...

Everything I've read says the Glock was found equal to the P226 for cheaper. Bet the size and weight is the icing.

I think we're glossing over "equal" meaning both are good.

The HK they use is a suppressed compact Mk 24 Mod 0. In 2011, think of the compact 45 options...

Everything I've read says the Glock was found equal to the P226 for cheaper. Bet the size and weight is the icing.

I think we're glossing over "equal" meaning both are good.

My point wasn’t that price isn’t a factor, but that for the unit in question it is not the only factor. It’s important to keep in mind the comment to which I was responding. As always, context matters. I also never stated the P226 isn’t or wasn’t good, in fact I made no comments about the P226 at all. I have no issue with the P226, nor with the term “equal”. In terms of overall size and weight, however, they are not equal. That said in ways I think the P226 is a nicer shooting pistol. Something being as good as something else overall doesn’t mean each pistol doesn’t have its own areas where it might excel. Every firearm has its pluses and minuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe that is what was said. I've been at a few matches with guys from the teams and they have said, emphatically, it was weight that makes them prefer the Glock. Maritime cups on the cheap did not hurt. They train with them, but hardly ever use them in the field as they are purely a backup firearm.

From a technical standpoint, one would think the Walther P99AS would be the safest of all striker-fired service-sized pistols, as it can be fully de-cocked, but still ready for immediate use.

Unfortunately, Walther has discontinued it for commercial sales in the U.S.

Hey now, you stop that :)

The Walther forum has it still has not officially dead. However, I hit up that thread every month to say no shipment yet.

Don't let Wiki be your guide. There is still hope.

Gosh dang the P99 lost my favor for a bit, but soon realized it's probably the best gun 20 even years later. :)

Wrongo, bobo.

Navy SEALS can choose whatever sidearm suits them, "lowest" bid or not.
Oh so you are telling me that EVERY Navy SEAL went all in on the G-19? No one wanted a 1911, or a SIG, or a Walther? uh-huh

Wrongo, bobo.
Navy SEALS can choose whatever sidearm suits them, "lowest" bid or not.
Oh so you are telling me that EVERY Navy SEAL went all in on the G-19? No one wanted a 1911, or a SIG, or a Walther? uh-huh
:rolleyes:

Ah, dude, do you even remember whatcha first posted? You claimed the SEALs choice of the Glock 19 was a "lowest bidder" outcome.

Well, your little butt-ski got spanked hard 'cause you were demonstrably WRONGO. :rolleyes:

Cost alone was never an issue. Elite Mil-units can choose just about any weapon they believe suits their members' specific needs and mission requirements.

The Sig 226, while an excellent handgun, suffers from the same issues as the Beretta 92: both are unnecessarily large and heavy in relation to their 9 weenie-meter chambering.

If you have to arm up with a 9mm pistol for elite Mil-team operations, the Gen4 G19 is unarguably the best choice when factoring for size, weight, and mag capacity.

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to get that; :rolleyes: Larry Holmes can get that. :eek:

Don't be Larry Holmes. ;)

Just sayin'. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back