Striker Fire Models

I gave in and took delivery of a 9mm S&W Shield EZ yesterday. Will try it out this afternoon. I can tell you the trigger pull is better than my G 19. (G19 trigger pull is rough). The EZ has a hammer, grip safety will take some getting used to. I got the one without the thumb safety. I will say that the M&P guns do feel better in the hand than the Glocks. Feel is not a big issue for me in a self defense gun. If "feel" was a real issue I'd carry only a S&W revolver or a 1911 gun. The recoil may be a tad snappy on the Shield, we'll see.

My wife just picked up a S&W M&P 9 Shield EZ. I’m not a fan of the grip as it feels way to small, I prefer my full size M&P 40. But it’s not my gun so how it feels to me doesn’t matter. My wife likes it and is comfortable with it which is what matters. Feels high quality in typical S&W fashion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best gun between striker or hammer fired handguns is likely the one which feels just right to the shooter. The gun with the best form, fit and function to the shooter is what matters. What I may consider trash is going to be someone else's treasure. The assorted gun rags are loaded with opinions and in most cases that's all there is, opinions. The gun I feel just "fits" and "functions" right is the next persons trash. Really more about what trips the shooter's trigger.

Would I ever base a gun buying decision on striker verse hammer fired? No, absolutely not.

Drive_Sideways:
My wife just picked up a S&W M&P 9 Shield EZ. I’m not a fan of the grip as it feels way to small, I prefer my full size M&P 40. But it’s not my gun so how it feels to me doesn’t matter. My wife likes it and is comfortable with it which is what matters. Feels high quality in typical S&W fashion.

That covers it. :)
Ron

Back