Strange finds/experiences in the outdoors?

Me and a buddy have literally found a bag of rocks. It was a nylon feed bag filled with rocks. We found a Gerber knife the sameday, ended up belonging to a friend. In the same area we've also found a cemetery, about a 100 years old. Shame the government acquired the property in the '40s.

About 10 years ago we found a complete rotting body of a huge buck stuck about 15 feet up in the wedge of a large oak tree at the bottom of a 80ft tall rock facing. We can only guess that the buck ran off the end of the cliff and got caught in the tree branches.

I was running a gold dredge just down river from Sutherlin, Or. and from under about 8 feet of overburden in the hole i found a toilet with seat still on it. I got to looking figured it was deposited there during the 1946 flood as thats the last big flood in that area.

Look out for those Texas rattle babies....

A friend of mine was touring his ranch in West Texas after a recent, much needed rain. With deer season right around the corner, he was checking blinds, feeders, looking for hog damage, arrowhead hunting & jumping a few deer. He decided to check an old shack that is on the place & discovered a visitor!
sccfx5.jpg

11bl0g2.jpg

1zpp6ib.jpg

2vlofug.jpg

...bug :eek:

love the posts guys! keep em coming! not really a "find" but as a pilot i see lots of cool things from the air. my current job in Haiti they have alot of 18th and 19th century forts. this one is considered to be the lost wonder of the world The Citadel Henry. every stone was carried up a STEEP 2500 foot mountain to be build all by hand. beautiful sight to see from the air :)

Attachments

• IMG00202-20130106-1059.jpg
    IMG00202-20130106-1059.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 36
Mausermolt, hunt up a 1940s Book Of The Month Club historical novel, Kenneth Roberts' "Lydia Bailey". Part of it is set in Haiti during Christophe's time in power.

Back