Someone please explain to me...........

All I know is that fewer people are shooting and yet I still can't find primers! LOL
When people can't buy as much as they want in terms of ammo or when they get concerned about future availability, they tend to do two things:

1. Hold onto what they have instead of using it out of fear that they may not be able to replace their stock. (This means that they tend to shoot less even if they have a lot of ammunition/components.)

2. Buy as much as they can get as a hedge against the future availability issues they are concerned about. (This means that they add to the increase in demand that's causing the already existent shortage/panic.)

I have read people say many times on the forums that they are reticent to shoot the ammo or use the components they do have because they're not sure if they can get more AND that they are looking to buy more ammo.

Which means that a common response to a shortage is to shoot less AND to perpetuate the shortage by purchasing as much as they can.

That model works--as long as they assume everyone is willing to settle for a ford model T painted black. ;)
When it comes to guns and ammo that's exactly what people are fine with. I mean, we're basically at a point where everything is either a Glock clone, an AR, a bolt action, or a 12ga pump.

Back