some thoughts on the tactics and strategy of defense

This is a good thread with good information, so I'm hesitant to close it out of hand. However, there are too many members dancing on the edge of personal attacks here. That needs to stop, please.

Make your points. Make your points as strongly as you like. Disagree as strongly as you like. Avoid personal attacks when you make your points and explain your disagreements with others.

Because I'd like to see the thread stay open, this post counts as the one warning anyone here will receive: if there are any other personal attacks in this thread, the perpetrator will be banned.

pax

Youngguns, we carried all our long guns "Cruiser Ready" - magazine loaded and in place (in the rifles), hammer down on an empty chamber.

This came about as a result of a number of ND's, where guns "went off" while being removed from the car. It also takes advantage of the sound of racking a pump shotgun (or rifle), which has resulted in many a 'special laundry problem' for bad guys.

Thats why I love TFL forums so much you got alot of intellegent people with good info. I have read some of the best stuff on these forums. Good idea keep the shotgun with 1 less to keep less pressure on the rounds. For HD though its 5906 9mm Horaday FTX in one 15rd mag the other 15rd 124gr. +p FMJ (says NATO). MY S&W45ACP is in the same room with 4 mags as well. I keep the 9mm most times in arms reach for capacity in early waking state. Im am MORE than confident in the 9mm unlike some people. Sometimes I keep my 45ACP 1 mags of 230gr. Hardball 1 of 230gr. Gold Dots 2 mags of 185gr. Golden Sabers. My mag in the 45 is cocked n' locked with 9 Corbon 165gr. +p pushing 1250ft/sec and 573 ft/lbs. That makes me confident and those rounds touch off nice. Confidence in ones equipment is very important , imho. Thats, my setup as is right now if you care to know.

Back