SodaPop's 22 Pop Festival!!Sunday October 6th!!!!

Soda;

I got your PM the other day. I had my 3rd heart attack a month ago but except for the allergies, I feel better than after the 2nd.

My lady friend wants to learn how to shoot so I`ll see if she wants to come. She of the strong back.:D I`ll let you know. I`m thinking of getting the Rossi pump like Marcus` dad has. I do have the S&W Model 17 and the M1A with the Aimpoint red dot.

Anyone in the Hazleton area? We`re having a car show Oct. 4th from 6-9 p.m. weather permitting at Sheetz which is a huge gas station on rte 309 and the Airport Road.

I`ll know more as we get closer to the 6th.

Great......................................

Can't make it. I have a gun club meeting on Sunday. Sorry guys. Saturday would be much better..........Oh well................:(

Our meetings are the first Sunday of the month and I'm the Secretary. No Secretary, no properly recorded meeting. DUTY CALLS!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Re 5 stand.

OK Mr Pop! Let's not forget I was shooting a 20GA:p

As to range rules. Full auto and tracers are not allowed. The tracers because some dufus set the 500 yd berm on fire! As to reactive targets, if you mean explosive targets probably not. Most ranges will not allow them.

They are Black Rifle friendly, I bring mine from New York because this is the only place I can shoot them without being hasseled.

Last weekend the guy shooting blackpowder had a target frame set up at 50 yds on the 100 yard range. Perhaps we could get a reliable frame and use the 200 yd range to properly zero the AR's at 25 meters? Anybody have a portable target frame? I have seen them in magazines, may get one myself.

Well that didn't take too long. I will be in Miami so I'm out. Rats.
Things will be calming down (as far as weekends go) by the middle of October though.
I'll have to meet you and Geoff and ? for a mini-TFL shoot in Oct or Nov or Dec....
I am gonna try to cruise up to FC to bust some clays this Saturday though.

Geoff, was that 20 gauge loaded with slugs too? ;)

Mike

As to reactive targets, if you mean explosive targets probably not. Most ranges will not allow them.

No - didn't mean explosive stuff (ala tannerite), just "non-paper" targets. Many ranges around here will only let you shoot paper (likely cause no one knows how to clean up after themselves anymore), but it is sometimes more fun, especially for first time shooters I think, so shoot at something that moves when you hit it - that's where "reactive" comes from. Basically was wondering about the less messy sort of reactive targets like water jugs, bowling pins, etc. but I think Soda pretty much answered that with a definite "maybe" ;).

My only .22 is a browning buckmark, but I'll probably bring along an SAR-1, SAR-2, 84s, M4gery in 5.56 (the 2001 ar15.com LEGP), and an AR in 9mm. Perhaps my SAR-8 (hk91 clone) if it is back from Springfield by then and the 700 LTR, if I complete the barrel break in before then (I'll save the tedious stuff when I'm at the range by myself). I don't have much ammo for any of my C&R rifles, so they'll probably stay at home. Pistol I can bring a USP tactical, USPc .40, bulgy mak, CZ-52 and the aforementioned buckmark. Shotgun-wise, I just have an M1 super 90. Ugh - that's alot of cleaning for a Sunday night!

Rocko

att: Rocko

The reloading stuff at Tanner's sports center 215 343 3103
was reasonable last time I was there. Primers and powder were about on par with Natchez. I personally do not care for the Fish and Game range. No security, maximum 3 rounds in ALL guns at a time. If you are only going to shoot 100 yards, Wicens is the way to go.
Looking forward to the shoot!

TFL sure is hard on the wallet. I just picked up my second .22 yesterday. It's a Marlin 70PSS "Papoose" - I've always thought they were neat. (Mine is not as neat as the silenced model I saw on an auction site. :eek: ) I took it to the range today and it seems to shoot pretty well offhand (2" 7-shot group at 50 feet -- I blame the shooter). I've heard there are 15-round pre-ban mags for the Marlin; does anybody know where I can find some? I'll also be bringing my .22 revolver, FAL, and various other handguns.

I'm trying to figure out which fellow Virginian to kidnap and drag along to the meet. Anybody know Mike Irwin's home address? :D

I`m gonna try and make it,the last one was a ball! I`ll have the same 3 .22s I brought last time and a few other toys. Does anyone know if they allow combat type shotgun shooting (buckshot etc.) on any of the ranges?
David,they made 25rd. magazines for the Marlins. In fact Marlin sold a rifle called the 70HC (for hi cap) for awhile,one of my buddies has one so marked(with 2 Marlin marked hi caps). The mags were made by Ramline though,had plastic feed lips and aren`t all that reliable. They are fun though. :) Marcus

Marcus, thanks for the tip. I'll probably pick up some 10-round factory mags, but I'm keeping my eyes open for something larger.

You can shoot shotguns at the pistol range, although it will probably destroy the wimpy target holders. Soda, should each of us bring a 2x4 and some nails? :D

I'll bring skids and carboard (or is it cardboard?) for everyone.

LISTEN UP!!!! Would it be a problem for any of you if we moved the shoot to Saturday the 5th instead??? I'm going set everything in stone this weekend when I head up to W&W. IF SATURDAY IS NO GOOD, PLEASE SAY SO???

These 22 shoots won't be the same without Marcus and Ray Woodrow showing up with the 10/22's with the red dots. I swear half the 22's that were there last time, looked like assault rifles.:D

JMLV- I don't have time to re-read this whole thread to see if anyone answered your shotgun question. You need 25rds to shoot the 5 stand. They do sell shotgun ammo there.

IS SATURDAY OK FOR THE REST OF YOU???

P.S. Should I try and get name tags made up, or are you all going to be content that you'll remember your own names?

:p

Let us know if it's 5th or 6th. Either is OK with me. I'll try to bring Kate as well. I'll also bring the Daewoo and it is for sale again. This is the very unusal one with the wire stock, that can be worn in a Calico Leg Holster for those who want to be TOOOOOO COOOOL...

In the heat of the moment, to try and sell it to a TFLer... I'll reduce the price from the normal $1,800 these are worth to $1,400 green back dollars and include some extra mags for anyone AT THE SHOOT ONLY.

Since I won't likely remember that I said this, if you are interested print this thread out and bring to me for proof!!!

I THOUGHT I had it sold for $1,500 but the fellow never showed up with the second half of his money after two months, so I refunded him the first half... I HATE when that happens.

So, bring your favorite .223 ammo selection, if you wish and shoot it as much as you want if you are a prospective purchaser.

The Daewoo is the most reliable AR!% variant that I've found and it has been very accurate for me. Most of all, you will not likely EVER see another one of these K-1, A-1, wire stock ones available, especially under $2,000. Supposedly there were only 200 of them allowed in (in error of course).

But, any of you are welcome to shoot it and fondle it if you wish...

IF I sell it before I get there, I'll try to retain possession of it, if I can, just for your educational benefit. :rolleyes:

I'll also bring my AK-74 as there are lots of people that have wanted to shoot one but haven't. Sooooo if you want to wring out an AK-74 bring some 5.45x39 ammo, as much as you want. I have some, but the fun part of these is seeing how well they do for a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No melting of metal will be allowed however... :cool:

I'll also bring my Thompson Classic .22 Rifle, the celebrated semi that is so very cool and so very hard to get in some places. It is my favorite .22 semi of all time.

I will also have some .22 QuikShok ammo, for folks to try... It too is hard to find and my favorite .22 ammo of all time, so far. IF we are allowed to have water jugs etc. you can watch the incredible explosive qualities of this amazining ammo.

What timeframe do these events usually run for? A Saturday would typically be better for me, but I'll be occupied on the 5th until around noon - likely means I wouldn't make it to the range until around 2pm.

Rocko

Back