So If.......

DPris

Member Emeritus
It should come to 10-round max mag capacity legislation, what would you choose for concealed daily carry?
If you could not go higher than a 10-round mag, what would you go to?

(PLEASE- NO POLITICALS, JUST STICK TO THE QUESTION. :) )
Denis

Glock 38 in 45GAP. This is the compact size Glock 19/23/32/38. Large enough to shoot well, small enough to conceal well. With a grip size that is comfortable to shoot. The 45 GAP is in the same power range as Standard Pressure 45acp when fired from the same length barrel. Order your ammo and you will have a handgun you will like.

G38 = 8 +1 or 9 +1 with a +2 Floor Plate, 10 + 1 with a G37 Magazine installed.
G37 = 10 +1

Bob R

At least two-thirds of the year are jacket weather up here so I carry a fifteen-round semi-auto. The rest of the time, it is a six-shot LCR 327.

Most of us know that magazine restrictions do practically nothing to enhance anyone's safety. In fact, there are legitimate cases where it can limit your ability to defend yourself. Luckily, things are still safe enough in most places that any such situation is fairly rare. So if such a law were imposed on us, the penalty was sufficient, and I couldn't just load ten rounds into my existing normal-capacity magazines; I might just carry the LCR full time or carry a larger seven-shot revolver during jacket weather.

If Ruger came out with a 9 or 10 round .327 Redhawk, I'd carry that. If that doesn't happen, I guess I'd go with something like a Glock 29.

Probably actually buy a 10 shot gun. Everything I have is more than or less than 10 shots.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Like many folks here, my EDC is either a 5/6 shot revolver or a 7/8 shot 1911. As a a matter of fact, I have no mags with a capacity of more than 10 rounds in my arsenal, even tho I have weapons that could use them.

Please don't mention you will disobey a law. Such deleted.

Personally, I'd stick with my Glock 26. Ten round mags. I contemplate my 1911 but I usually don't find it as comfortable as my 26 to carry.

If it were allowed in such a state, I might start carrying a bug more consistently. Then I would have to decide between a 380, 38 SPL or a 32 magnum.

Was curious to see how many might revert to either a 1911 or a revolver.

I'm leaning toward either the Commander, the G26, or the Ruger 7-shot .357 snub, myself.

I don't think I'd be happy in using plugged mags to create 10-rounders to keep the higher-cap autos going.
Did not like it the last go-round.
Denis

Same things I've carried all along, even when I could carry whatever I wanted off-duty as a CA peace officer, meaning either one or another of my 5-shot snubs, or one of my .380, 9, .40 or .45 pistols that use 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10rd mags.

There would be a minimal effect on me, if I lost the retired peace officer exemption that allowed me to keep my 12rd mags for my SW9940, as then I'd carry the 10rd mags I have for it all the time, instead of only occasionally.

I have an early production M&P 45, which I consider to be a "hi-cap" .45, with its 10rd mags, since the rest of my .45's use 6, 7 or 8rd mags.

Last edited:
I have never concealed carried anything over 10+1 rounds, even though i had/have an exemption to New York States previous gun law and the safe act.

Glenn E. Meyer
If it were allowed in such a state, I might start carrying a bug more consistently. Then I would have to decide between a 380, 38 SPL or a 32 magnum.
Today 10:59 AM

Off topic but is there any state besides New Mexico that forbids carrying more than one gun?

I thought about the revolver. Why not go for the higher capacity 357 guns? Well, I found my SW Model 19 was annoying to carry (yes, I shouldn't care). A 686 would be worse.

If I had to carry a revolver - I would carry something rarer - that would be my SW 632 SS 3 inch barrel in 327 mag. I would also drop my 432 in 32 HR mag in my other side pocket.

Six shots - a trade off on capacity vs. comfort. I know folks who argue for the higher capacity J frames in 22 LR or 22 Mag. I'm a touch more of a 32 ish fan.

No mag limit and I'm carrying a 1911 in 45 acp or 10mm so no change.
Other than 1911 something originally designed to hold 10 rounds or less: Glock 26,27,29,30,33,38
I would not carry a pistol originally designed for more than 10 rounds (Glock 19,20,21,23,32) with stupid artificially restricted 10 round mag, its sick.

2nd option in pocket to primary IWB would not change either - Glock 43

Back