Smith and Wesson serial number search

Scored two more classic S&W's:

Model 586 no dash, ADE0xxx, based on no dash I think between 81-85.

Model 36 no dash, 19xxx, I'd guess mid 60's maybe?

Any info would be appreciated!

Model 586 no dash, ADE0xxx, based on no dash I think between 81-85.
Model 36 no dash, 19xxx, I'd guess mid 60's maybe?
Model 586 no dash, ADE0xxx = 1983.

Model 36 no dash, 19xxx. = Take the serial number from the underside of the grip frame. 19xxx would date to 1952 which is 5 years before they stamped model numbers so that is likely an assembly number.

Jim

Model 586 no dash, ADE0xxx = 1983.

Model 36 no dash, 19xxx. = Take the serial number from the underside of the grip frame. 19xxx would date to 1952 which is 5 years before they stamped model numbers so that is likely an assembly number.

Jim

Thanks for the info! I'll grab the other serial number and post it up ASAP.

Jim

How about ANB9xxx?

38 special CTG

model 10 I am assuming.
Purchased roughly 20 years ago from police agency turn in for 9mm.
serial D598289

Any information is greatly appreciated

Help with dating a Smith model 13-3

Can anyone out there help me date a Smith Model 13-3, serial number ABS7965. This is my first k frame but I love it already. Got the gun on a trade...beautiful piece. Guy didn't know any history of it and I know every gun has a story.

I picked up an old beater at an auction today. Serial number is 205626. Looks to be .44 Special caliber. Not sure of the model . Any help?

I picked up an old beater at an auction today. Serial number is 205626. Looks to be .44 Special caliber. Not sure of the model . Any help?
A picture and/or more info would help. S&W reused the same SN's thru out the model lines so determining the model has to be done first. None of the 44 Specials ran in that SN range unless there is a "S" prefix with that SN.

Have .32 S&W SN 90xxx w/3 1/2in barrel.
As above, S&W reused the same SN's thru out the model lines so determining the model has to be done first.
Does it have a modern swingout cylinder or is it the type where the barrel and cylinder tip down to load/unload? Does it have an exposed hammer or a concealed hammer with a grip safety? What is the exact chambering (caliber) stamped on the side of the barrel? Example: 32 S&W LONG.

Jim

Last edited:
A picture and/or more info would help. S&W reused the same SN's thru out the model lines so determining the model has to be done first. None of the 44 Specials ran in that SN range unless there is a "S" prefix with that SN.

The serial number is correct. I believe the gun is a Model 37 in .45 ACP.
I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

Just bought a Used Police Smith and Wesson .38 Special

The serial # is 5D46332. It's in really nice shape, was wondering if anyone knew what year it was made?

Pics of Model 1937 in .45 ACP. On the back of the grip is the number 23073. Inside the yoke is 39167. The serial number of 205626 is on the bottom of the grip, on the end of the cylinder and on the bottom of the barrel. On one side of the frame is "Estados Unidos de Brazil". The other side has the S&W monogram. The grips are in fair to poor shape. The old girl has seen some abuse but still locks up nice and tight. Bore is good. Would it be worth it to have the gun restored? Thanks for the help.

Back