Smallest gun you can shoot accurately, comfortably

7 yards - dump all of them onto a paper plate fast - LCP or LCR

10 yards - decent sized groups - 3" revolver or Glock 43 sized semi-auto

15 yards - decent sized groups - 4"+ revolver or full-sized semi-auto

25 yards - hitting towards the middle of the paper mostly - 7.5"+ revolver or 22lr semi-automatic such as Ruger Mark, Browning Buck Mark, etc.

2 pistols

I do like the P11 for comfort. The width makes it too thick to be a pocket pistol and if I am going to do IWB, I'll pack my G19.

I have a hundred or so year old .32 H+R hammerless break top that I would love to have as a carry piece. My best word to describe it....elegant. Mine appears to be unfired.
Sadly it is a black powder gun. Would like to see a modern rendition of it.

Last edited:
For me it’s my Sig P365. It shoots better for me than my glocks did.

Same here; putting my Glocks for sale at my LGS; the SIG for carry, the G-19 same-sized M&P 2.0 for truck and nightstand - that adjustable backstrap made a believer out of me.

Smallest centerfire that shoots like an absolute dream is the Glock 42 .380, it's about like shooting a .22LR. I've had other small 380's (Ruger and Kahr) and they're nowhere close to the G42.

I just have to throw this in here just for kicks and giggles.
I consider it to be a serious gun, others will disagree.
Mine is in .45 Colt (Long Colt for the pedantic) and I use stout Buffalo Bore loads.
I am totally, comfortably, consistently center-body-mass accurate with both barrels at 20 yards. (Mine is the California model that doesn't acommodate 410 shot shells, so it has more rifling than those that do).
It will slip right into my blue jeans pocket.
Any perp finding himself staring down those two gaping bores and keeps coming is flat insane.
Recoil is stout, but for me entirely comfortable.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I’m not very accurate with small handguns. My large hands do not do well with small or thin grips. The smallest gun that I can shoot accurately, consistently is my Sig P239. If I miss the 1.5” target at 7 yards, I’m not a happy camper. The P239 shoots just as well as my Sig P226 at 7 yards.

The smallest pistol I shoot accurately at 7 yards or so are actually two.

The Taurus 732 and the Taurus PLY-22 pistols.

The smallest gun I would trust my life with is a PPK, and the smallest caliber would be in .32 / 7.65, .380 is fine, just not the smallest I trust to work.

Smith or Franco-German, had bad luck with most of the interarms. ( like 2 out of 3 had issues).

PP and PPk series was a service firearm way before Ian Flemming, so spare me the double ought seven references.

I have a Beretta Tom Cat in .32 ACP, but I don’t shoot it much and I don’t carry it. I try to stick to 9mm and above as a defensive caliber. If I really need a pocket gun, I would go with the Tom Cat. Otherwise, I carry my Springfield Armory Hellcat. My Glock 43 is around the same size and I also shot it very well, but the extra mag capacity made me go with the Hellcat.

Ruger LCR in .38 Special.

I have a Keltec P3AT but I hate it. The .32 version might be okay, but .380 is too powerful for a gun that weights about 3 ounces and I can only get 1 and a half fingers on the grip.

Back