Smallest gun you can shoot accurately, comfortably

Keltec P11

The width of the Keltec makes for a soft shooter.

I force myself to put a magazines worth of rounds through my LCP every range session.
I'll be the first to admit that after the last round it does not get another at the range.

I will have to say my LCP. Not fun to shoot but I can hang on to it and it makes holes close to where I point it.

Don't think I'd want to shoot a 9mm any smaller than my SIG P938.
I can't really grip my Colt Vest Pocket .25, so that's too small even for the caliber.

It all depends on what you mean by "accurate".
If you mean empty a magazine in a perp's head @ 7 yards, any size with sights on it.
If you mean hit bottle caps @ 100 yards (or even pop cans), VERY few.

My Walther PPS. For me shoots like a much larger pistol. Internal steel frame may have something to do with that. Soft shooter with the HST 147 +P also.

NM7YuiM.jpg

For me it’s my Sig P365. It shoots better for me than my glocks did. Also i’ve gotten enough rounds through my S&W 360 that the 357’s, while a hand full, in still able to get all shots on target fairly quickly. Quickly enough I feel good about carrying it.

For .22 it's either the Phoenix HP22 or the NAA Minimaster. I haven't shot the Phoenix on steel in the pistol pits yet, but I hit the paper at the indoor range every time, so I'm imagining that I can do really well with the Phoenix. Only thing I don't care for is the weight and if Phoenix would offer an option with an Aluminum frame or even a poly one it would be worth whatever the extra cost would be as it would be much more carryable.

Outside of .22 it would probably be the Rock Island .38 snub with the oversized plastic grip. Again, it's a gun heavier than it needs to be that I wish was lighter, but that would make it less comfortable to shoot and less accurate as I had taken the wood grips off because I was pulling to the left with them while the plastic grips I hit to POA.

The Glock 27 I can't say I shoot it comfortable or quickly, but I do shoot it pretty accurately and consistently within reasonable distances. One thing the Rock Island does is it givee me a single action pull and with that I'm able to hit targets out to 50 yards. The Glock 27... not so much.

No problem with getting acceptable accuracy from my LCP, Taurus 22Poly, or Kel-Tec P32. But I haven't mastered the are of accuratly shooting my NAA 22 Short Mini Revolver.
There is no art to the NAA mini revolver, it's all based on luck and knowing how to pull the trigger. I've shot what has to be close to 1000 total rounds thru the two NAA's I have, so I'm pretty skilled with knowing where the trigger breaks, but even then with the little one I have, it's a struggle to hit anything 10 yards away. There's been times where I've shot the thing extremely well, then the next time I'm way off.

It could be the ammo, the lack of rifling means that some bullets and ammo will not like these guns all and some will do better, but still shoot poorly and I say this not having done extensive testing off a rest because... there's nothing to rest on.

The sights have the biggest impact on accurate with these guns and given how the grips are, to get a good picture, you have to angle your wrist down in an uncomfortable position or you have to change your grip.

Personally, I want to do neither and the NAA is one gun that I feel needs a laser and unfortunately LaserLyte stopped making the laser grips for the NAA mini revolvers.

All that said, if I had the choice, if someone today would reproduce the old H&R Young America revolvers, maybe make some updates to the design, I would rather have one of those. At 7oz you get 7 shots of .22 or 5 shots of .32 S&W and that is more than enough considering the improvement over what the NAA revolvers are.

Another Sig P238 vote from me. Good sights and good trigger make it fun and surprisingly accurate.

I also have a little .25 - a Libia, if anyone wants to look it up. Hard to keep the thing on paper, let alone get a group.

My Colt Vest Pocket 1905 in .25 acp and my Beretta Bobcat in .22lr are both accurate and easy to shoot.

My Ruger LCP in .380 wants to torque in my hand and while easy to shoot, it doesn't shoot as well as the Colt or Beretta.

Smallest gun you can shoot accurately, comfortably

Well, you know, if the assailant is close enough and the situation dire enough, I can make it happen.

Comfort won't be my concern, haha!

The PPS is a nice little gun. It's thin enough to carry well yet comfortable enough to shoot well. The variable grip lengths with different magazine extensions is a nice touch. The stock trigger is excellent.

A friend in our group has one. When sharing, the PPS tends to generate good first impressions, including among the wives and inexperienced visitors.

Back