Single handgun for HD, CC and Hunting...

Po' folk, mostly. We can't all be rich.
If you are too poor to at least by a second gun to hunt with maybe you don't need to be hunting. If it is for food, if you are that poor you can get food stamps. If it is not for food it is more of a recreation that needs to be prioritized in your budget.
The hunting part is what makes the OP's question such a challenge. Anything that is concealable would easily double for home defense. But a concealable handgun would take quite a bit of restraint to be an ethical hunter. Only taking shots at very close ranges.

Last edited:
If you are too poor to at least by a second gun to hunt with maybe you don't need to be hunting. If it is for food, if you are that poor you can get food stamps.

Not always true. My divorce left me technically bankrupt, and I had to pay my ex & her debts so much I was left to live on about $600 per month for everything else. I lost 30 pounds because I couldn't even afford enough hot dogs & rice to eat. And because I had adequate income on paper, no way I could qualify for public assistance (not that I would have taken it anyway). I found a lot of new recipes for venison in those days.

I’m with Bob Wright. A 4 5/8 inch Ruger Blackhawk 45 Colt, only I’d make it a convertible to be able to also use 45 acp loads for CC and HD.

Back