Sig p365 with safety . . .

Prof Young

So I rented the range's sig p365 again and decided I needed one. Smaller than my Ruger SR9C and this time around I was shooting it better than may Ruger. Katie the range lady managed to find me one with a safety and I'll pick it up tomorrow. I know, some of you will tell me that it's a mistake to have safety on that gun. But you gotta carry the gun you are comfortable carrying. We'll see how it goes.

Life is good.
Prof Young

I bought a P365 w/ manual safety a couple months ago, it's my primary carry gun now. I don't see why people think it's a mistake to have a manual safety, maybe because it's "in fashion" these days to not have one. But, I view it no differently than having a 1911 cocked and locked, and the trigger on my P365 isn't any heavier than many 1911s so it makes sense to me to have a safety.

I love it. Only complaint was the grip texture was rubbing me raw, so I put some Talon grips on it and now it's perfect.

I specifically waited on Sigs with safeties. My full size is the military version with a manual safety and my 365 has one. I've been a Glock guy for years and don't have an issue with striker fired guns without safeties, as long as they are carried in a proper holster. Problem is that there are times when they are NOT in a proper holster. At those times having the option of a safety is a good idea.

Handguns with safeties got a bad rap with some of the poorly designed versions offered on many DA/SA pistols that were common at one time. But the 1911 style safety is a proven design that has worked for over 100 years and never been viewed as a handicap. The Sig safety is the best design on a striker fired gun that I've used. If you don't want it, don't use it. If you do, it's there.

Or just carry w/the safety off. Put it on when holstering. Just ordered one--that's what I plan to do.
Cheapest place I found was--https://www.osagecountyguns.com--for LEO, 1st responder, military or retired military.

Last edited:
Not an issue for me; I prefer my guns without - but if you like that feature, have at it. I have one handgun with a safety, a 1911. NONE of my others have a manual safety; form revolvers to strikers.

+1 for carrying what you're comfortable with. My Beretta 92 has a safety, my Glock 23 and LCP does not. Just keep the finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire, and be mindful when reholstering. Enjoy you new Sig Prof. The p365 XL is pretty nice too.

So I rented the range's sig p365 again and decided I needed one. Smaller than my Ruger SR9C and this time around I was shooting it better than may Ruger. Katie the range lady managed to find me one with a safety and I'll pick it up tomorrow. I know, some of you will tell me that it's a mistake to have safety on that gun. But you gotta carry the gun you are comfortable carrying. We'll see how it goes.

Life is good.

Prof Young
Don't take this the wrong way, but on the list of things I care about the way some person I don't know and have no interaction with chooses to carry his/her firearm is pretty close to the bottom.

Enjoy your new firearm.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Picked up the gun and . . .

Picked up the p365 Friday and put about 100 rounds down range. Gonna have to break in those mags. They are tough to load all ten. So I loaded them and will leave them that way. That's standard practice for my carry guns anyway.

I liked the groups I got and I can see that with more practice I'll be able to get the groups center target at 7 yards.

It joins the stable with my two other carry guns a sig p238 and a kel tec p3AT. Which one I carry depends on the situation. If the weather is warm enough for a vest it it will be the p365.

Life is good.

Prof Young

Do as you are comfortable with. I'm comfortable without. Be it my LCP, or Kahr CM 9 pocket carried. Be it my Sig P320 Carry, or Springer XD40 Sub Compact carried IWB. None have a manual safety that has to have a seperate, deliberate motion to operate. Why? Because thumbs can slip, thumbs can miss, panicked, high stress situations can make the mind forget important details. I want no other action but pulling the trigger to make my carry gun go boom. All the training, and practice in the world can easily go out the window in the highest stressful situation there is, defending your life.

Back