sig 365 to purchase

I agree the last round is a handful to load.

On the stock magazines, I did not find it a noticeable difference.

On the 12 round magazines it definitely requires extra effort on that last round.

Only problem is....front sight is DEAD...rear sights ...bright green!No...not sending her back to Sig for a front sight..!

I would encourage you to send it back. SIG will fix it at no charge and the front sight is kind of important for well placed shots, LOL.

Loading the mags gets easier, I bought my first uplula just because of this gun but haven't used it after the first few mags. The spring just needs to settle in.

Buy, shoot, and enjoy. It’s a great pistol, and Sig will take care of you if there is an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While this is true, it doesn't help you if the issue occurs in a situation where your life depends on it. It's for that reason that I couldn't use a 365 as a carry gun.

While this is true, it doesn't help you if the issue occurs in a situation where your life depends on it. It's for that reason that I couldn't use a 365 as a carry gun.

Literally COULD happen with any gun you own. Guns are machines; machines are man made; machines, like men, can and will fail.

That said, a P365 born after June 2018 should have all the improvements, IIRC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hated mine! Never hardly shot it. Added the now MANDATORY 12 round magazine and it magically became one of my favorites. It always was a good shooter but felt like it wanted to cramp my hand with any of the supplied magazines. Added to 12 rounder and its like a different gun.

Mine is a January 23, 2019 gun and it's been first rate to date, & very accurate for its size. I've put 470 rounds through mine in the past 3 weeks or so...a mix of factory AE 115 & 124 gr FMJ's as well as Federal Hydro-Shok 115 JHPs. It also feeds my mid-range hand loads without a bobble, and that includes about 100 of my hand cast 124 LSWC's. Accuracy with these last is comparable to the factory rounds, and with zero leading issues. The groove dia. BTW, is 0.356"

In the hand, the gun has none of the usual Sig, fat bodied grip feel. It's more like a 1911, small but really comfortable. It's also undercut at the rear of the trigger guard allowing a higher grip (read closer to bore axis) than any other Sig I've shot. (M11A1, P220, P290, P225, & P226-Mk25) And it does all this and still allows pocket carry if desired.

For a striker fired pistol, it has a really good trigger in my example. Much better, for example, than my wife's G-19 and G-23. Being a long time revolver shooter, the reset point isn't much of an issue for me, but it is short when I concentrate on using it. The trigger itself has some take up, not excessive, then a fairly clean break. Entirely usable, and improved notably with use.

Accuracy has run to just over an inch at 10 yds, from an unsupported Weaver stance, slow fire of course, for the above mentioned ammunition sources. Unlike the rest of my 9's, this one does seem to like 115 gr bullets. Too, I find that the flat based magazine, groups to the same POI as the longer, extended 10-round mags. I haven't tried the 12 rounders, preferring instead the better concealment of the shorter ones.

The sights were a major surprise for me. That Sig X-ray, bright green dot front especially. It's immediately seen for close in defensive shooting, but still allows precision out to just under 20 yards. Using a standard playing card to represent the ocular cranial target for defensive head shots, I'm able to keep my rounds in that square out to 20 yds. In dark conditions both the front and rear dots are easily aligned. I like 'em a lot...especially that front green dot.

The gun handles its brass well, feeding it without a problem but does have a very noticeable primer/striker drag mark. It's more pronounced with Federal (read softer) primers but is still well evident with Winchester and CCI caps as well. I've not had any instances with it failing to fire.

Other issues previously reported by early users, (galling or peening of the bbl. and scratching on the rear of the magazines near the top from the trigger return spring) have not surfaced either.

I have to say that I do keep my guns clean, and don't expect to fire much more than a box of ammunition without cleaning. From reports I've read, it would seem that some shooters are expecting to go hundreds of rounds without cleaning and still retain 100% reliability...it's not an expectation I share. Self defense via concealed carry, demands a reliable gun, and cleaning my EDC piece is as important now as it was back when I wore the uniform. I'm not into testing just how fouled the gun can get and still operate.

YMMv, Rod (Re-reading my comments it occurs that I've come across as a fanboy for the P365...and I guess that's right. BTW, Hickok45 (perhaps the quintessential Glock fan), now carries a P365 as his EDC as revealed in his video on the G43x, check out his comments at 16:50 regarding the G43 vs the P365. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4B5FOCrc_A

Last edited:
Picked up one today, born on date of January 30th. Got the only 12 round mag left on the rack & a holster’s in the mail. Seems like it fill in a space that I had in my carry options nicely. Also ordered a Hogue beaver tail slip on grip to help fill my hand a bit, I’ll run it some next weekend and see how it does.

Forgot to mention the store I got mine from has sold over 80 them. And I do have one small gripe after playing around dry firing for a day- the sights are made for a longer sight radius & on this short of a pistol the front sight almost completely fills in the rear sight gap making it harder for fast shooting. I’ll see how it does but thinking about opening up the rear sight channel a bit.

Last edited:
YMMv, Rod (Re-reading my comments it occurs that I've come across as a fanboy for the P365...and I guess that's right. BTW, Hickok45 (perhaps the quintessential Glock fan), now carries a P365 as his EDC as revealed in his video on the G43x, check out his comments at 16:50 regarding the G43 vs the P365. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4B5FOCrc_A

Thanks for the link on that Hickok45 video. The 365 is my main carry gun, but my wife still rotates between her Glock 43 and the 365. She wanted a 365 after shooting mine. We've owned them since the 1st of Oct.

the sights are made for a longer eight radius & on this short of a pistol the front sight almost completely fills in the rear sight gap
Yep...and it wouldn't take much, but the accuracy is definitely there regardless. As I've aged, I do prefer a wider rear notch. Rod

and I guess that's right. BTW, Hickok45 (perhaps the quintessential Glock fan), now carries a P365 as his EDC as revealed in his video on the G43x, check out his comments at 16:50 regarding the G43 vs the P365.

Quite correct but the test was about the 365 'competitor', the 43x..A more accurate comparison would be vs the Sig P290..:). He quite liked the 43x and mentioned the reliability(365??)..

Quite correct but the test was about the 365 'competitor', the 43x..A more accurate comparison would be vs the Sig P290..:). He quite liked the 43x and mentioned the reliability(365??)..

I thought he basically said the 43X was a Glock, but that he didn’t really have a use for it.

In another video that his son hosted, he wasn’t exactly thrilled with the 48 and 43X either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.A more accurate comparison would be vs the Sig P290..
Maybe so, at least in Sig offerings covering the ultra small carry pieces. I've had a P290 for a number of years, the original one without re-strike capability. I found it reliable, and easy to shoot with the extended mags, but too heavy for anything but holster use.

Too, the P290's trigger put some shooters off with its long travel. I'm a revolver guy from way back, so the trigger travel was no hindrance, but I didn't much like the feel as compared to my S&W's. I still have the gun, but it doesn't get much use...

The P365 is light years ahead in several areas.....capacity + light wt. allows pocket carry if you're so inclined or completely comfortable holster use for all day carry,...great accuracy combined with a really good trigger...and sights that just please the heck out of me each time I draw.

Just this afternoon, I shot a comparison series of slow fire targets from the 10 yd line; the P365 vs. my P225A1 & my M11A1. I found that the two longer Sigs out-shot the 365 as expected (longer sight radius, grip length et. al.) but only by 1/4" at 10 yds. 8 shot groups with the big guns ran right at an inch and a smidge with the 365 coming it at 1-1/4+"...this was with Federal AE 115 gr FMJ's which all three guns shoot well.

The gun's been first rate for me...no bobbles at round count 570.

HTH's Rod

I thought he basically said the 43X was a Glock, but that he didn’t really have a use for it.

In another video that his son hosted, he wasn’t exactly thrilled with the 48 and 43X either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, yes, the 365 is a small handgun with increased capacity. He also showed the -43 he said was still his occasional carry firearm..MY point is the -43x is the Sig 365 'competitor'..the 48 the 10 round max, G-19 size, offering for those who think the G19 is 'too fat' of a grip and/or their state only allows 10 round mags max.

BTW-along with Paul Harrell, I think Hickoc's videos are first rate. ALL guns are subjective, even his. The nice thing about him(and Paul), he doesn't seem restricted by $ or choice, when he tests or owns any guns.

Back