sig 365 to purchase

My understanding is that the SIG Model 365 is striker-fired. It's not a da/sa design and I'm wondering how it is classified. Sa? Dao? For those who have a lot of experience behind the wheel, how would you describe the trigger pull on this pistol? I've never handled one but the concept (a relatively compact, light-weight and reliable 9mm pistol for concealed carry, and having a relatively large ammunition capacity to boot) is intriguing for sure.

how would you describe the trigger pull on this pistol?

It handles and shoots like a much larger pistol. The concealability means you can wear it all day comfortably. I can wear T-shirt, shorts, and flip flops without fear of printing.

The take up is smooth with trigger break at about ~6-5.5 lbs with a nice clean reset. As always, keep the booger-hook off the bang switch until your ready to destroy something. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpgWVvWvvFY

1:26 he puts it on a trigger gauge

11:45 more about the trigger.

I plan on getting one but will wait a little longer for the price to come down and until the dust settles on the problems they were having. I also will wait for the 12 round mags to come standard with the gun ( Midway is starting to carry the 12 rounders for $42.29).

My step FIL bought one and they really feel great in my hand and the trigger in his felt very nice for a gun so small and light.

We have two in our home, one born in July and one in September, and both have been flawless so far with 1500-2500 rounds through each.

does anyone use the sig ammo in their 365 ? i know sig makes some v crown & practice ammo also that they label for the 365 . it is a lil pricey & wonder if anyone uses it with their 365 ?

I purchased a case of Sig’s training ammo and have run another 200 rounds of the V-Crown through various firerarms, and so far I’ve really been pleased with both offerings. The training ammo is a little more expensive than other comparable 9mm, but their carry ammo around here is a lot less expensive than other carry ammo. So personally I’m happy with it so far.

I put 100 rounds or so through mine this weekend.

Points and shoots like a much larger gun, the green front sight is very easy to focus on. Trigger is great for any striker fired gun.

I really fear for my Shield. He really doesn't want to be replaced by the new guy, but it is really looking like my preference falls on the P365. It is smaller in all dimensions, holds 3 more rounds and I shoot it better. What's not to like.

Can anyone compare it to the trigger of the VP9 or PPQ? Sounds a bit heavier...but kinda the same realm?

Nowhere near the crisp feel, has some 'stiction' when the sear is finally taking up slack. The Shield EZ 2.0 I rented had a much better trigger.

just got one last week, I put appox 500 rounds 124 grain. I think the gun is flawless, very accurate for a short barrel. I found one thing that bugs me, it is very hard to load the magazine. It takes a lot of strength to put 10 rounds into the mag so I bought the 12 round magazine thinking it would be easier to load but it is a lot harder.... any ideas on how to brake the mag spring would be appreciated

any ideas on how to brake the mag spring would be appreciated
I don't think there's any short sweet answer to that. The nature of a spring is to change it's nature only through cycles of compression and decompression. If you have a "friend" you don't much care for that owes you a favor, maybe you could put him to work loading and unloading your clips?

just got one last week, I put appox 500 rounds 124 grain. I think the gun is flawless, very accurate for a short barrel. I found one thing that bugs me, it is very hard to load the magazine. It takes a lot of strength to put 10 rounds into the mag so I bought the 12 round magazine thinking it would be easier to load but it is a lot harder.... any ideas on how to brake the mag spring would be appreciated
I agree the last round is a handful to load. I have one flat based mag full and all of the others I load one round short. Why jamb anything?

Just got mine not long ago. If you got decent sized hands then I'd recommend using the extended mag. Or getting one... Just bought my fiance the new 43X not just two days ago.

The mags are difficult to load at first so (for the first time) I bought an UpLula. Used it a couple times then the springs settled in and now the last couple rounds are much easier.

I now have about 800 through mine, no issues.

Got mine last month!Shoots great & I love it.Only problem is....front sight is DEAD...rear sights ...bright green!No...not sending her back to Sig for a front sight..! Will this P365 replace my Glock 30s as my edc?? Don't know...really like the G30S!

Bought mine in early January with a late December manufacture date.
About 250 rounds thru it including some +P ammo.
My rear sights are a little dimmer than my front (not sure if they are supposed to be).
No issues using 10 round mags (a mag loader is a must). Did experience some brass to the forehead last trip but that might be the WWB ammo I was using.

Back