Should I Sell my Glock 19?

Out of curiosity, what do you like/dislike about each in comparison?

The P07 feels better in the hand, no doubt. I also like DA/SA for carry, but the P07's DA/SA trigger is just so-so compared to other stock DA/SA pistols (SIGs, Walther P99, and standard CZ-75s, etc.). Still completely usable. It's easily up-gradable with CGW parts, but they are expensive, and I've never felt the need to do so. The stock sights are hands-down better than stock Glock plastic sights. Those require an instant upgrade for every Glock I buy. My particular P07 is the suppressor-ready version, and it came with excellent suppressor-height night sights for $525 - about what bone-stock Glock 19s sell for these days. P07 mags are WAY overpriced. P10C mags cost much less and are fully compatible, but the baseplates look slightly different.

While listed dimensions are similar, the Glock 19 feels like a much smaller gun when carried. Also lighter than the P07. Glocks don't feel great in my hands the way CZs do, and no stock Glock trigger is great, but I shoot them very well. Go figure. Mags and accessories are inexpensive and plentiful. Never discount that. If you want that for your CZ, you are probably going to be shopping around online.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for the info!

I upgraded my sights and have an overwatch precision DAT trigger arriving tomorrow. It runs the Gen 3 trigger bar though, so I may just polish up my Gen 4 trigger bar and swap it with the trigger shoe.

The one thing that always kept me loving my glock is just how well I shoot it and how low recoil it feels. Considering the Glock 19 is one of the lightest pistols for it's size, I find the recoil very manageable and muzzle flip to be the lowest among similar 9mm's.

I guess I'll customize it to my liking and keep it.

Thanks for the input guys!

Being an Old Head most of my semis are steel or aluminum...not plastic. That said I do have a G19/3 that I have no intention of selling... To me it is not only the best of the Glocks in terms of size and shootability but the best of any of the plastic guns as for ease of maintenance and parts availability anywhere in the world...

If money isn't an object the 19 is one of those guns I would just clean, put in it's box and store it somewhere...it may come in handy one day...soon...

Bob

I have many nice older S&W wheel guns as well as Gen 3s. Also a number of Sig's, Beretta's, Walther's, Colt 1911's, CZ's, etc. However, my Gen 3 Glock 19 is my go to gun.

When "social situations" get weird like now, this is the gun I get out of the safe, load up two magazines, and have it in the truck or car wherever I go.

Also, I just qualified yesterday for my annual LEOSA renewal. I was never trained with a Glock when I was on the job but I always Ace the course with my Model 19.

It seems like a few years ago one of the special forces military units were issued Gen 3 Glock 19s. In addition, I just talked to a retired FBI firearms instructor who was very pleased with the FBI's recent move to Glock 19s for a duty weapon.

Trooper Joe

Just remember, two is one and one is none. ;)

Also, if you don't have the CZ in your hands, you may not be able to get one in the current socio-economic-political environment.

The P07 is a good little gun. I’ve had two P07’s and a P09 and they shot very well for me. First got the P09, but wanted something smaller and got a P07. It was so easy to shoot and so accurate I got kind of bored with it and traded it off. After a while I missed it and got another one, but eventually felt it didn’t fill any particular role or need for me and sold it. Right now the only polymer guns I have are my old Gen one M&P that I have way too much money in to sell so it sits in my dresser for home defense, and my Lc9s for CC. All my other 9mm’s are full size metal guns.

I just prefer not to have firearms in redundant roles without a need for it.

Clearly your firearms OCD is not very advanced. If it were having two, or even five, guns in the same role would not even come to mind as being redundant.

My Glock 19 is extremely reliable now (At first it was not), and I shoot it well, but I am not in love with the Glock anymore, but, it's a perfectly serviceable firearm that has served me well, but tired of the mediocre trigger, blocky feel, and high grip angle.

OK, you need to give up that need to disparage one to justify the other. Just saying, you'll be a lot happier.

Buy the damn thing, just because you want to.

I made this funny just about this situation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F-JWugHLSc

I did not like my P-09 (same as the P-07). And I bought it wanting to like it :)

*trigger sucks. LONG reset. Nothing special next to most striker triggers.

I took apart my Glock 19 today and did a full polish job on all trigger components. Also saw that I had previously installed the 3.5 lb ghost connector. I decided to polish the stock connector and put that back in instead as I did a bit of research and the 3.5 lb connectors most people said gave a worse trigger pull.

Well, I am impressed. My trigger is 10x better than I ever felt it before. Has a bit of take up then a really nice clean break and strong reset. I can't believe how much better the trigger is by polishing all the internals and putting the stock connector back in.

I'm still going to change the trigger shoe to a flat faced shoe, but really happy with how it feels now. Can't believe how mushy the ghost 3.5 lb connector made it feel.

Operative word in that sentence is “you”. You have to press the trigger. Doing that while not pointing the pistol at yourself is indeed important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That video was a Glock and the dude did not press the trigger. The only safety on a Glock is "Don't pull the trigger". Carry one at your own risk. The gun has no brains, it doesn't know the difference between you pulling the trigger and your shirt tail that got accidentally in the holster with it.

That video was a Glock and the dude did not press the trigger. The only safety on a Glock is "Don't pull the trigger". Carry one at your own risk.

Glocks don’t discharge themselves. There are multiple internal safeties. Now if you modify the pistol to defeat those safeties, which some aftermarket products do, then you can have a problem. Other than that the trigger has to be pressed to the rear. Whether this happens with your finger or the holster or a garment it doesn’t matter. Millions of people have and do carry Glocks and practically countless other striker fired pistols that often function the same way. Negligence is negligence. A short video clip isn’t enough by itself to make me forget what I know about how a firearm functions mechanically. That said there is always someone telling us the dangers of Glock. Good luck on your pilgrimage.

Glocks don’t discharge themselves. There are multiple internal safeties. Now if you modify the pistol to defeat those safeties, which some aftermarket products do, then you can have a problem. Other than that the trigger has to be pressed to the rear. Whether this happens with your finger or the holster or a garment it doesn’t matter. Millions of people have and do carry Glocks and practically countless other striker fired pistols that often function the same way. Negligence is negligence. A short video clip isn’t enough by itself to make me forget what I know about how a firearm functions mechanically. That said there is always someone telling us the dangers of Glock. Good luck on your pilgrimage.

Those "internal safeties" don't mean diddly squat. If the trigger is puled ... for ANY reason ... it will fire.

Yes, that’s generally how most firearms work. Trigger pressed to the rear and firearm goes boom. Some pistols have manual safeties. Manual safeties can only compensate for negligence so much.

Back