Share a photo of your target and tell your story about it!

Bought one of the new improved LCPs and the sights while still small give a much better sight picture, it shot so well at 7 and 15 yards I thought I'd try it at 25 yards:eek:

This group was from my recently purchased para pro custom. 250gr lead 3.3 gr of clays so chugging along at a mild 710fps. I had to elevate the front sight so only 1/2 the blade was within the rear sight, held at 12:00 on the wood so the target was obscured. I fired 5 shots, you can clearly see 4 hits, there is what might be 5th but I can't explain it. It doesn't look like it penetrated the wood but the mark (lower left corner just to the right of the bullet hole) is exactly the same size as the other holes. Distance was 100 yards, arms resting a bench.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 22
When I first came back to the world from a couple enlistments in the USMC, my very first owned handgun was an old Series 70 1911 in .45 acp. It was my "go to" gun for years. Then in the 90's, Kentucky passed it's CCW law, and I started a years long, ultimately unsatisfying fling with numerous little modern carry guns. Just in the last few months, I've come home to the 1911, and have been "gettin' my 1911 on" in a big way.

Motivation is everything. The motivation here? Save the ta-tas, of course. Factory original Rock Island Armory 1911 TAC 9mm with 105 grain Federal "Guard Dog" ammo at 10 yards.

My newest little buddy, an older Springfield Armory 4" GI Champion in .45 acp. It sat for weeks at my favorite local Gun Shop, not getting no love. I bought it finally and found out pretty quickly why (I think) it was traded it. The slide would not lock open on the last round. I dropped the two "no brand marked" magazines in a drawer and gave it 2 new Chip McCormick mags. Now it runs like a fine watch. This is 5 185 grn. Remington HTP HP at 25 yards. (From a sandbag, I can't brag too much with this'n). This is with a 6 o'clock hold on the bullseye. It shoots more to point of aim with 230 grn. but with larger groups.

And just a group photos of the guys so far. There is a Springfield Armory EMP .45 on layaway that hopefully will be coming home soon.

Last edited:
How could I have forgotten this one??? Way back when I took the classes for my CCW, I shot the live fire qualification with an M1935 Beretta; because I'm kind of a smartass like that. :D

Last edited:
I picked up a S&W Shield in 9mm the other day and took it out to the range. I'd been wanting to try a Shield for a while as I'd heard good things about the small 9mm. So below are my first efforts...

I took some 2" shoot-n-sees and stuck them on a target. All groups here were shot at 8 yards. The top row was all shot with Blazer 115 gr. ball ammo. The first group I shot was on the top row on the right. 18 rounds knocked the bullseye off the paper. I placed 3 rounds in the middle and 14 rounds in the left hand group.

The 2nd row was from left to right, 16 rounds of Win. 124 gr. ball "NATO" ammo, middle 5 rounds of the same. On the right 10 rounds of Fed. 147 gr. HST ammo. All shot well at that 8 round distance with an edge to the 115 gr. and the Fed. 147 gr. hp.

At 12 yards the 115 gr. ball did OK.

It's was hopeful for a first time out with the gun.

tipoc

50 round warmup with my Sig 2022, single action, rapid fire, 15 yards.

10805110_1519211838328782_2002746914_n_zps77e1c983.jpg

Trying to get better at double action, slow fire, 7 yards.

10811455_1519211861662113_2082910332_n1_zpsf7edde27.jpg

Back