From cnn.com
"...the weapons included:
1 9 mm semi-automatic,
assault-style rifle
2 shotguns that had the
stocks sawed off
At least one handgun "

hmm... thats a nice arsenal.

Jeff Thomas, One of the faculty members at Pearl High School in Miss. stopped Luke Woodham from leaving the scene of that unfortunate incident. The faculty member used his own PDW, retrieved from his vehicle. Some stuff started to fall on this hero because of the law against having a firearm on the school property but I think that it has gone away.

On the current topic I haven't enough words to express my sympathy to all of the people involved. My heart aches for all of the survivors, friends and family. For the dead, God knows his own and will provide for them.

Most sincerely,
Hank

JT>Do we still disagree with each other?

I'm afraid so. "Anti-violence" is a statement against violence, and self-defense often requires the use of violence. Too many people see the use of violence by non-LEOs or military as being immoral and illegal. I realize that they are amoral idiots, but that's the reality we have to deal with. Were the NRA or any other gun rights organization to begin trying to preach "anti-violence", it would be taken as a hypoctical statement by us, and twisted to further undermine what support we do have. "How can you trust anything they say? They say they're against violence, but they want people to have guns so that they can kill them if attacked? Being against violence means that if you're attacked, you just let your attacker do what he wishes, so that you don't add to the violence in society." They never stop to consider that once a goop launches his assault, you're already a part of the violence, like it or not, and your only choice is now to become a victim or a survivor.
Leave the "anti-violence conflict resolution" to those who can teach it. Face it, we teach the judicious, legal, and moral application of violence. The two don't mix.

------------------
Shoot straight regards, Richard

Back