Scenario: Unarmed assailant advancing

Zombies are a whole different thread, Vanya. Are talking the slow, shambling Walking Dead or the scary, running 28 Days Later or I Am Legend??

Funny how most of us added the movement to the scenario, now even including the OP. Seems we all have a good idea of what is necessary to have justification.

Scenario : You are fishing off the shore at an isolated lake in the mountains, in the distance you see a man approaching you. You are openly carrying. He has no apparent weapons, and is walking rapidly, but not in a necessarily threatening manner. As he gets close to you, you turn to face him, and he continues approaching, closing in closer than 7 yards. You tell him to stop, he continues approaching, as if he did not hear you. You draw your weapon and point it at him while yelling at him to stop. He continues approaching.

Why would you draw a weapon on a unarmed man?

Why would you draw a weapon on a unarmed man?

Ask that question when you fail to draw on Uriah Faber who is intent on robbing you. Some folks are a threat even without a weapon. If they act in a threatening mannor then you must prepare your defense before they can deploy thier weapons. In this case hands and feet.

The OP added some stuff a few posts ago. Might help you understand why he drew.

Ask that question when you fail to draw on Uriah Faber who is intent on robbing you

This makes no sense at all, is this the guy walked up on the fishing man? Unarmed is unarmed.

Some folks are a threat even without a weapon.

Yes, some us are :) never really needed a weapon, took a few off guys in my work when I was young.

So I read the piece about a girl and a gun and a guy who liked to have them, so it was a girl? Then I say draw and take aim, girls have a higher rate of being attacked in this type of scenario. My daughter is soon to take her class and get a CCW of her own.

After 7 pages I thought it would be clearer why he would draw on a guy walking towards him.

Uriah Faber is a MMA champion and certified bad dude. My point was allowing a stranger to make contact with you, even though unarmed, is like playing Russian roulette. If they have bad intent you will likely be injured or killed should they suddenly attack.

After 7 pages I thought it would be clearer why he would draw on a guy walking towards him.

The OP modified his original post and it goes as follows. You are alone in the middle of nowhere woods fishing. You see a stranger approaching your position. You change your position only to have him adjust his to make contact. You attempt to open friendly dialog which goes ignored. You command him to stop closing on you and that goes ignored. You now draw on him.

The OP modified his original post and it goes as follows. You are alone in the middle of nowhere woods fishing. You see a stranger approaching your position. You change your position only to have him adjust his to make contact. You attempt to open friendly dialog which goes ignored. You command him to stop closing on you and that goes ignored. You now draw on him.

I saw that, also saw some stuff about a girl?

So did this really happen? and if so what was the outcome?

No it was a scenario the OP created to address a legit concern. It takes us right to the line between being legal and illegal. Between being safe and in danger. Great scenario very thought provoking.

The girl was simply a substitution to the scenario. What if the lone good guy was a gal? Would that change the legal outcome.

I see. but havent seen many solo gal fisherwomen :) in the wilds where I hike and fish I usually see no one else.

So is that mma guy someone that goes around whupping folks? or was he used as a tough guy image?

Guess I just dont see an unarmed person as a threat. Must be me, but I just wouldnt draw a gun in that situation.

I would offer him a fish :) or a rock. or a tree branch or a .......

So is that mma guy someone that goes around whupping folks? or was he used as a tough guy image?

I used Faber because he looks like a little surfer dude that anyone could easily whip yet would be more than most could handle even if bigger. To high lite the danger of allowing someone to get up on you even if they are unarmed.

I used Faber because he looks like a little surfer dude that anyone could easily whip yet would be more than most could handle even if bigger

OK I see. Something to think about. We go fishing a lot but in a boat. Never met a person like that while enjoying the great outdoors.

I did come off a pheasant hunt one time to find my radiator was shot.

Back