Say you're a billionaire & you're POTUS & you have a carry permit....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing all the pics of his NYC penthouse recently and how it's decorated I'm pretty sure it's very similar to what a Persian/Middle Eastern dictator/King would carry. Think of those ornate gold-plated pearl handled pistols Saddam used to have.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6380191&postcount=6

And none of those guys saw it coming, so having a CCW in exactly each of those instances would not have altered the outcome, all other things being constant.

Being in the public eye as a politician means you are almost constantly not focused on your personal security - there simply is not enough bandwidth, CPU processing and neural pathways to run both of those very high energy programs simultaneously, well.

If I were El Presidente, and had Bloomberg's money (but not of his political views), I would carry an pistol built on the M4 platform, suppressed.

Since I wouldn't have to be concerned about defending myself against multiple assailants, nor likely even one... if I was going to carry at all, I'd carry one of my Kimber pre-series 1 Compacts.

There is something especially attractive and appealing about a nice, little 4" 1911 with a big, fat bull barrel and that gaping .45 caliber bore!

Nothing like a Compact big-bore! Compact Eclipse and Compact CDP:

Even as a common citizen, while it goes against my better judgement (based on having easy-to-carry, high-capacity pistols readily available to carry) I still very much enjoy carrying my Kimber Compact Eclipse because it just feels great and shoots great.

I'll admit, its charms have beguiled me. Just 8 rounds of 230 gr HST on tap. But that just *might* be enough. :cool:

OH.... I forgot... I'm a billionaire POTUS. OK, make that a Custom Wilson 4" Compact, then. ;). Just as long as I can Make America Great again!

Last edited:
I'd also make the Service get rid of the MP5/7 and get AR SBR's. I mean why are we stuck in the 70s?

@Old Bill Dibble- Obviously I dont know about the personal protective detail specifically but the Secret Service Agents I worked with a few years back on an event carried FN P90's. It was actually kinda funny cause they were all in 5.11s and polos and carried around these little tan colored bags they were sooooo obvious.

And to answer the question. I see him with a old school colt detective special with a fitz job done to it. Like the Chief from Blue Bloods

"Snyder, when I was a kid I thought Palidin's first name was "Wire", said it right there on his business card; " Have Gun Will Travel - Wire Palidin - San Francisco".

So did I. "

Isn't it? When did it change? ;)

But wouldn't the President-elect, the Commander-in-Chief-elect, be exempt from such a law? If not, he should sue for his right being denied.

There is no such exemption written in to the law that I know. I seem to recall a congressional staffer getting arrested for carrying a gun. He ended up getting six months supervised probation. While some may complain this is unfair treatment I know of several others who ended up getting less for the same.

The President would have to be impeached and tried by congress and could not be arrested by Federal Agents. That would be an even bigger circus then the last few times it has been used.

My point is that the President should not openly flout and ignore the law if expects others to follow it too.

The President can go to the Justice Dept and request a Marshal's badge. And there is president. Elvis got one.

Teddy Roosevelt did fine with a .32ACP pocket auto. I don't see Trump needing more....especially since anything larger would affect the drape of his tailored suits.

We seem to be overlooking the fact that he can't carry in DC. He would need a non-resident permit and DC does not issue those.

Ummm I think 1600 Pennsylvania avenue is a DC residence ;)

As for what I'd carry prolly a ivory stocked full tilt custom 1911.
serial # POTUS 1

The President can go to the Justice Dept and request a Marshal's badge. And there is precedent. Elvis got one.

That was before the mandatory drug testing. :D

Of course in the greatest of ironies it led to the founding of the DEA. :rolleyes:

Ummm I think 1600 Pennsylvania avenue is a DC residence

He is not moving his household. The wife and small kid are staying in NY. If I had to guess the tax rate is lower there too, if only by a smidge.

I imagine the president setting up bowling pins in the back yard and giving them the what for with a gold plated .45. Good stress relief I think. He could have aids to clear jams and clean the gun afterwards.

I look at the White House as the ultimate work from home scenario, but more than I could handle.

I imagine the president setting up bowling pins in the back yard and giving them the what for with a gold plated .45. Good stress relief I think.

Exactly, and it's one of the reasons I try and go each weekend, with a minimum of every other. It definitely helps maintain your sanity in a high stress job.

Korth 9mm. Oh, it can't be German made, has to be American? I guess I'll have to settle for a Gold Desert Eagle....Fifty with reinforced solid gold slide, platinum parts (no MIM junk), and genuine Ivory Grips (going to get rid of the Ivory ban by executive order).

Abraham Lincoln used to test guns quite a bit and even designed a new sight for rifles.

That would be fun to see Trump do that. Usually a president goes out shoots some skeet to prove their masculinity.

I think there was a shooting range put in the WH basement for some past POTUS or Secret Service. Anybody know anything about that? Can you imagine the press reaction if he used it on a regular basis, they wouldn't know whether to go blind or wind their watch!

Agree with Seeker Two -- Colt 1903/08 in 32 acp or 380. The hammerless Colt has been carried by generals and mobsters alike. Pure class plus designed by John Browning as a carry pistol.

David. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back