Say you're a billionaire & you're POTUS & you have a carry permit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal

What would you carry?

My first thought was a BHP, but, that's just too Saddam.....

I'm thinking a big ole S&W N Frame, like a M29 or M25 with a "Fitz" job.

Or a Colt 1911?

Whatever it is, it will have to "one up" your new buddy, Vlad ;).

Would the President of the United States even need a permit to carry? I mean, he's Commander of all Armed Forces, and I would think that alone would be enough. But anyhow, if me, I would carry a M1911. Very American.

Well as POTUS you aren't really worried about the practicalities associated with having to actually defend your life, you have people for that. But if I wanted to carry for the purpose of exercising my rights and making a point... it would have to be either

A Colt Single Action with some beautiful detailing. Classic Americana:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/82/92/ba/8292ba5d975678ac87162d58bf2404af.jpg

A Colt 1911 with some beautiful detailing. Classic Americana:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/60/80/b6/6080b6caa6921e3a0f09296f57a54639.jpg

One on each side in a shoulder holster for when I am addressing the UN..:D.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 109
Having all those protective folks around is no more of a guarantee to the President than it is for us.
Lincoln, Garfield, Reagan, Mckinley, Roosevelt, all shot at very close range.

Hal said:
What would you carry?

Let's just first say that it wouldn't have small grips because my hands are so yuge. Also, it would be the best, most tremendously successful arm, not just of our era, but of our entire history. It would put to shame the loser guns, especially those pathetic ones from Ghina. They're total failures.

I will be announcing the finalists for what I would carry in an amazing post in two weeks.

Last edited:
I like your initial thought.....
I think I would go with a Browning Hi Power
But this POTUS would have to have an American made handgun or take lots of heat, right?
So, how about a GP 100?

No self respecting leader would be caught without a matching set of gold plated pistols. The pistols should have grips of an outlandish material with a gaudy appearance. A leader that should decide to carry, should carry openly with shoulder holsters made of exotic leather.

What's more American than a S&W M&P 9mm?
You've already got a dozen protective guys with an assortment of other weapons.

Seeing as the Secret Service carries them these days, a Five-seveN USG would probably be pretty fitting the hypothetical situation here.

I don't know what he'd carry, but I hope Mr. Trump carries during the Inauguration Day parade up to his Inauguration and I think a first generation Colt Peacemaker would be the most appropriate.

I think I would hold a reverse press conference and say:

"Dear media, I'm very sorry I didn't invite you to tag along when I went to dinner with my family. I didn't realize it would hurt your feelings. To make it up to you, I am asking your opinion on a very important matter that has come up, the selection of what caliber my carry gun should be."

Just to rub their noses in it.

But if I wanted to carry for the purpose of exercising my rights and making a point... it would have to be either
Symbolism would probably be the only reason a President would carry.

In practical terms, he's got a highly-trained and organized protective detail. They have procedures and contingency plans. The President drawing and using a firearm would probably disrupt those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back