S&W Sigma pics

I picked my copy up last week at a news stand. Magazines always come out very early. Kind of like new car models! This summer, you'll be able to buy a 2006 (or at least you could if you had more money than me).

Just wanted to add that i wish i had pictures of my SW40VE. I LOVE this hand gun. So inexpensive but suuuuch a good shooter. I have pumped far too much ammo through mine, and done a lil bit of modding. I changed the striker spring to a lighter wolff spring. It helped lighten the trigger pull a bit and hasnt changed functionality one bit.

Ill try to add pics someday soon.

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead for a reason.

I think this thread needs to be revived since this is a picture thread about S&W Sigmas.

Hawgleg44 started this thread and he was proud of his Sigmas.

attachment.php

Hawgleg44, that was a nice collection of guns and mags back in '05. The Clinton Assault Weapons Ban just sunseted and sadly Massachusetts just made the provisions of that ban permanent. So, I understand why you were proud of having your Sigmas and their pre-ban mags.

Heck, to this day, original S&W Sigma mags are pre-ban in Massachusetts.

Anyways, I just got this S&W Model SW9F on Gunbroker for under $300 at the end of November 2022.

FApjXOQ.jpeg

hM5bdLq.jpeg

ja11tEj.jpeg

2xs53KG.jpeg

qzegYaT.jpeg

apaYkvD.jpeg

ZYh0rHV.jpeg

42bO8UJ.jpeg

SHpUZIJ.jpeg

I've been a GLOCK guy my entire life for striker fired guns, but recently, I've had an itch for something nostalgic and the SW9F scratches that itch perfectly. It will go nicely with my HK VP70Z, IM Metal HS2000, and GLOCK P80 reproduction Generation 1 Model 17.

I also have a SD9VE enroute to me too and when I get it, I'll post it here too.

The SW9F shoots fine. I did some accuracy drills on the head and small top left target, then went and did two and three shot rapid fire self-defense drills. Took a few tries to get used to the longer reset, but it is pretty much like shooting a spongy DA revolver trigger.

Screenshot_20221208-153342_Gallery_jpg-2628407.JPG

Screenshot_20221208-153440_Gallery_jpg-2628408.JPG

Screenshot_20221208-153331_Gallery_jpg-2628410.JPG

I had the RSO shoot it too. He's younger than the gun. He had a tricked out G19X with all the modern features. He was surprised at the trigger being what it was, but even he said, it wasn't bad.

Thanks for reviving this one. I THINK I had one of those, many years ago, or at least it looks like one I had way back when. Mine was the solid black "Allied Forces" model, I think it was called. Anyway, I remember that round trigger guard, with the traction grooves on it. I know when I got it, "everyone" told me it was a POS, which was pretty normal for stuff I bought, especially back then. (Edited to add: Nope. Mine was an SW9VE "allied forces" a later model)

I never had a problem with that gun, except for the first box of ammo I fired, and those were the very first 9mm reloads I ever did, and I knew I had loaded them on the light side, being cautious. After bumping the load up a bit, they ran like a watch and so did the gun. The trigger wasn't great, but then I'm an old revolver shooter, so I didn't think it was that bad. I kept that gun for a while, but then sold it to a guy I knew who was starting a security job, and needed a gun for cheap. He seemed happy with it.

I've had a couple of SD9VE's over the years and liked them too. They sort of come and go as the mood hits me.

Last edited:
Thanks for reviving this one. I THINK I had one of those, many years ago, or at least it looks like one I had way back when. Mine was the solid black "Allied Forces" model, I think it was called. Anyway, I remember that round trigger guard, with the traction grooves on it. I know when I got it, "everyone" told me it was a POS, which was pretty normal for stuff I bought, especially back then. (Edited to add: Nope. Mine was an SW9VE "allied forces" a later model)

I never had a problem with that gun, except for the first box of ammo I fired, and those were the very first 9mm reloads I ever did, and I knew I had loaded them on the light side, being cautious. After bumping the load up a bit, they ran like a watch and so did the gun. The trigger wasn't great, but then I'm an old revolver shooter, so I didn't think it was that bad. I kept that gun for a while, but then sold it to a guy I knew who was starting a security job, and needed a gun for cheap. He seemed happy with it.

I've had a couple of SD9VE's over the years and liked them too. They sort of come and go as the mood hits me.

Like I said, I've been a GLOCK guy through and through. But I had a nostalgic itch that needed to be scratched. In the past, I shot a few SW40VEs and didn't like 'em. But this first production SW9F is a heck of a shooter. Thr trigger is not bad by any means. It is more like a DAO Revolver and I have no problem shooting those.

Thr SD9VE is not bad at all, especially for being a sub $300 pistol.

All in all, I'm enjoying them.

I stumbled on six preban era 17rd mags.

kqahi9R.jpg

Also, I installed a Mcarbo sear spring for the SW9VE. Much better now, like the SW9F and SD9VE.

Back