S&W Sigma pics

I've only shot my P229. Is there any advantage to the Sigma? I'm a new shooter and am curious. It took me a long time to decide between the two. With the Hogue grips, my P229 fits perfect in my hand.

They are both excellent pistols with excellent reputations. I had a DAO P229 in .40S&W, but I traded it away. I love S&W DAO's since the hammer is cocked half way by the slide, but Sig's DAO trigger pull is WAY too long.

If your Sig fits your hand and you hit well with it, I wouldn't change a thing. Probably the best thing to do is to save up and buy a Sigma, too! I love the Sigmas, but they are by no means the only handguns I own. All my others are S&W K and N-frame revolvers, S&W 3rd Generation autos in 9mm and .45, a Kahr MK40, an old Colt Police Positive and a Ruger Super Single Six. I've owned Berettas and Sigs before, but they just weren't for me.

That SW9F sticks out, don't it????
Nice collection!!

Yeah, it sure does. I had one just like it before, except a little worn, but the frame cracked on it, just like most of the older, pre-equipment rail guns do after a while. That's why I have the SW9VE now. I did a trade deal for an older Colt AR upper for the 9F and some mags last week. I had a 40F, but I had to turn it in when I left the PD here in town to move on to another LE position. They don't allow you to buy your duty gun since it's a very small dept and they have to pass it on to the new guy taking your place. A guy on the PD now has an SW40VE with a black slide (I thought they were all bead blasted SS) that he wants me to buy from him. We'll see what he wants for it.

Thanks for the compliment on the collection. I play around with leather work, too, and they are laid out on a nice Bison hide I picked up. It's too soft for a holster, so I'm still trying to figure out what to make out of it. I'm thinking about making some zippered gun rugs with sheep skin on the inside.

OK. I love my gun so much I'm posting a pic of it! I know it's just another P229, but it's mine! Hope this isn't too far off the subject!

Attachments

• SiGP229_b.jpg
    SiGP229_b.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 486
I guess we can let it slide :')

It looks good. After shooting my friends P226, I felt I probably should have sent my P229 back to Sig to have it converted to TDA. I'll bet I would have liked it then. Live and learn I guess. Those are the same grips my friend put on his.

Magazines

Yeah, that's a lot of magazines.
You mean you have MORE for your AK ?
C'mon! Let's see them!!!

Zappdragon- Sent you a PM. Not interested in selling since I'd want another one to replace it.

357SIG- I'll take a pic later on tonight of my AR and AK mag pile.

Does any one know if the surefire x200 weapon light will fit on a Sigma? It is supposed to fit both the universal standard rail and the Picatinny rail.

The only light I know of that will fit the Sigma is the Streamlight M4. According to the Combat Handguns article, there are no lights currently made to fit it, so they may have stopped production of them due to lack of sales. I know that I'm the only person I know that has one for their Sigma, and I really like it. In fact, I was thinking about machining a mount from Delrin or UHMW plastic to fit my AR so I can use the same light as my pistol. Right now, I have a mount to use an M3 on it.

Still haven't had the chance to take the pics of my AR/AK mags. I'll try tonight again, but I didn't forget.

Do you know what type of rail is on the Sigma? I just found out an old friend of mine works at Surefire so I am able to get 50% off all products. The X200 is their newest light and I was hoping I would be able to use it. In the meanwhile I'll just get acouple of their flashlights.

It's a one-off rail. No other manufacturer has the same one. It's similar to the one HK uses, but still different dimensions. I wish they would have gone standard like everyone else, but it's not.

Ok, this may be a silly question, but: what is a sigma? I am new to guns and have a S&W .38 revolver. I am contemplating a second gun and am attracted to the SW40VE because of its price and (from my observations on this board) reliability. I notice its referred to as a Sigma? What does that mean?

Here's a five or so year old pic of my 40F that has over 13000 trouble free rounds through it. (Was at about 5000 at the time.) Will break 14000 rounds this March at my next class. :D

And one of it today - just took it for this post. Now the Handall grip is covered in electrical tape, having worn out and the slide finish is starting to gray as it wears. Need to send the slide to S&W for new night sights - the old one's are getting mighty dim... Otherwise still doin' fine!

Attachments

• Sigma.JPG
    Sigma.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 230
  • Sigma 05.JPG
    Sigma 05.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,198
Ok, this may be a silly question, but: what is a sigma? I am new to guns and have a S&W .38 revolver. I am contemplating a second gun and am attracted to the SW40VE because of its price and (from my observations on this board) reliability. I notice its referred to as a Sigma? What does that mean?

The SW40VE you are looking at is a Sigma. They market them as the SIGMA Series. Anything starting with SW40, SW9, SW357 is a Sigma. The VE you are looking at is a third generation gun which has had all of the earlier problems (although most are very rare) corrected. They have just come out with a 4th generation gun which is basically the same, but has closer tolerances and a smoother trigger. That will be the SW40GVE.

You'll love your Sigma after you spend a little time with it. The newer GVE's have a suggested retail price of only $280, so you should be able to find them far cheaper than that.

OK, you asked for it. Here's proof of my magazine addiction. I do have one more mag for my AK that I found after the pic, but the extra one will go with the SLR-95 I have up for sale now.

Here it goes:

Attachments

• SP1 and mags.jpg
    SP1 and mags.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 198
  • AK and mags.jpg
    AK and mags.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 189
  • Quality Hardware Carbine and mags.jpg
    Quality Hardware Carbine and mags.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 175
Lordy Jezzzzus, Hawg!!!
Them's a lot 'o mags!!
I do notice that the EVIL USA mag is still in it's wrapper??
What happened to them anyway??
They seem to have faded away!!
Not that their product was anything to write home about anyway!!

I've had mixed results with USA brand mags. The AWB killed that company, but it wouldn't surprise me if they resurfaced again.

In a Glock 19 (back when I didn't know any better and owned them), I had 7 USA mags for it and they worked just as well as factory mags. Also, my father's Ruger P85 feeds flawlessly using the SS USA mags, too. But, I bought a few for a Beretta 92FS I used to own and had to pry them out of the magwell. I've found that 80% of the USA mags for the AR work fine. I bought 40-something of them, all NIW, from a guy on Gunboards.com a few years ago for $120. The ones that didn't work, I just threw out for that price. I still came out way ahead.

Now, I just need to get some more mags for my 4506. Believe it or not, I only have ONE for that!

There's an article on the GVE's in the May 2005 Combat Handguns. In fact, it's on the cover.

Hawgleg, I went to http://www.combathandguns.com and found the February 2005 issue. How can I get a May '05 issue so fast?

Also...thanks for the earlier clarification. The GVE seems like it mght be the best way to go. I still have some time to decide. I will probably buy in May, after graduation.

Back