S&W Sigma pics

Hawgleg44

It was suggested in another thread that we post pics of our Sigmas. I figured I'd start it with a pic of my SW40G (with M4 Streamlight), SW40VE, SW9VE and SW357V.

I'm still having trouble posting pics. If anyone can give me a hand with this, I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

• Sigma group 1.jpg
    Sigma group 1.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 4,159
  • Sigma 357V.jpg
    Sigma 357V.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 3,325
  • Sigma 9VE 40G.jpg
    Sigma 9VE 40G.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 4,084
Last edited:
I have this thing about mags. If you think that's a lot of mags, you should see how many I have for my AR and AK's!

Attachments

• Sigma 40VE 357V.jpg
    Sigma 40VE 357V.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 2,697
Last edited:
Now we're getting somewhere!!!!

SW40F.jpg

SW40F with the original EVIL FACTORY SUPPLIED 15 round mags!!!!!

That's exactly what I was issued on my former PD, and they still use them today. They have never had a problem with any of them. Wish I could have bought mine when I left, but it was a small department and they needed it to pass on to the next guy in line.

What kind of attachment rail do the Sigmas have? I have a new 9mm but am unsure what to use for a laser or the like.

I don't know what lasers are available for the Sigma, but the equipment rail is a one-of-a-kind. It uses the Streamlight M4. Possibly they make a light/laser combination for it, but I'm not sure.

I knew they didnt have the same "standard" rail that other semis seem to have.Wonder why S&W did such a thing??????? :confused:

HK did the same thing on their USP models. Their rail is similar to the Sigma with it's closed front, but they are not interchangable.

Still messing with the camera and lighting, but the pics are coming out like crap. Maybe I'll be able to edit my pics and get them right by tomorrow.

Questions

Has anybody found any info for the laser/light mounts? I have a 9ve I would like to add a light. Also, what are the options for the trigger? Mine feels like it is 1" long and about 10lbs to pull. I will try the polishing of the parts, but I would also like to reduce some of the spring.

Take a look at the site below and see if anyone can tell which to order.Im looking at "Model No. LS03-EC01-M4" and "Model No. LS04-NO-M5".One is a "tactical slide mount" and the other is a "universal mount". :confused:

I can't figure out their applications. You may want to contact them directly. They group the same mount of the Glock as the SW40, which would be the Sigma. But, they are completely different mounts.

How many of them actually work? Just kidding. I don't know why people despise the Sigma so much. I had one that I liked, the 40VE, but traded it in for another 45. I just can't handle learning how to take different kinds of guns apart or learning different trigger pulls. I regret it a little bit, but I really like my new Springfield.

You've got a really nice selection. I can relate to having a bunch of the same kinds of pistols so you are familiar with every one of them since they all work and tear down the same way. But, I think you're short a few magazines. Five more mags for each handgun and you'll have full compliment.

Here is the paragraph that tells which one you need;

Universal Mount: (M3 Mount)
Work with Pad Switch and available for most types of pistols including Beretta 92, Glock (all model), Gov't Model 1911 Frames (all mark), Hl Power Frames (all mark), HK USP, Makarov. 380, Ruger P Series, Sig 220/226/228, Smith & Wesson (round trigger guard, square trigger guard & sigma series), Takarev 213, Taurus 92

there is 4 different kits, either universal kits will work for the Sigma.

Russ

Yeah, I know I need a few more mags. I'm still picking them up every time I run into a good deal.

I have a lot of other handguns, mostly S&W revolvers and TDA or DAO autos, but I just find the Sigma to be the most natural and comfortable handgun I've picked up. I'd like to check out one of the SA XD series, but not here in MA. Can't get them here. The one thing I don't like about them is the grip safety. Not necessary IMO.

I've owned 4 1911's, but I ended up selling or trading them away. I got a Chinese MAK-90 NIB and a NIB S&W 4506 for my SW1911 I had. I like the 4506 better and the AK was just another added bonus for trading.

Came across this site last night trying to sleep. I am not all that happy with the trigger pull with my 9VE either. If the damn thing did not shoot so good, I would have given up on the thing. I did already change out the trigger spring with a replacement I found at a local hardware store. Perfect fit and it did help a little with the tension of the intitial pull. I am going to order the complete spring kit to drop the pull to 3.5lbs, factory is 4.75lbs.

I purchased my 9VE for under $300 new 2 months ago, so I feel I can invest a few dollars into it to make it perfect.

sping & guide rod upgrades

Better pics, with a new Sigma added

I just traded for another Sigma, an SW9F. So hopefully, these will be better pics than the last ones.

Attachments

• Sigma group 2.jpg
    Sigma group 2.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 5,559
  • Sigma group 3.jpg
    Sigma group 3.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 704
I've only shot my P229. Is there any advantage to the Sigma? I'm a new shooter and am curious. It took me a long time to decide between the two. With the Hogue grips, my P229 fits perfect in my hand.

Hey Hawg!!!

That SW9F sticks out, don't it????
Nice collection!!
I'm think'in of gett'in another one!!!
CDNN has 'em for $250 or so!!
Now, just gotta convince the wife!! ;)

Back