S&W Governor?

A gimmic leveraging the Hollywood-fueled ignorance of new shooters.
I've done my best to rescue these noobs before they waste their hard earned money.

"As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool returns to their folly"

A gimmic leveraging the Hollywood-fueled ignorance of new shooters.
I've done my best to rescue these noobs before they waste their hard earned money.

Far from a noob, and not in need one bit of your rescue.
Maybe you can double up on your daily dose of gun snobbery, and unwantedly, uselessly, and unnecessarily attempt to "rescue" me from my Taurus Judge Public Defender Poly. It is after all a Taurus.
A near perfect truck gun.
From car jacking protection with 000 buck and 45 Colt, to snake gun with #8 410. Not to mention a ton of fun at the range.
Accurate, reliable, and multi functional is far from a gimmik!
A first gun, or only gun, no. But the 45/410 platform has some very good uses.

I agree with the above statement.

I encourage anyone with that belief to see the plethora of ballistic gel tests with federal buck.

If you don't think the equivalent of 4 .32 acps hitting in a fist sized group, exceeding 12" of penetration would be a boon... I guess keep pulling the trigger!

Like cheapshooter said, I wouldn't want it to be my only pistol. But it had its place.

For what it's worth, I've owned the Taurus "el juez" judge and the sw governor.

The cylinder was so big and heavy in the judge. Once, I opened the cylinder and everything fell out in my hand. Couldn't fix at the time. Catastrophic in the moment.

My gunsmith fixed it for 7 bucks with a more robust part and ensured me it wouldn't fail again.

The governor is nice. I like that holds 6 rounds and can fire 45 acp.

The 45 rounds move slower maybe 700 plus fps. However 230 grains or 250 in the colt rounds will do the job.

These rounds mimic the ballistics of the British 455 webley. Around 250 grains at 650-700 plus fps. Earned a pretty solid rep as a man stopper.

Governor is scandium under 30 ounces. Night sight.

It's more combat accuracy though... Read man size target at 15/20 yards with the 45s.

Truly, it's a 7 yard gun. Pdx rounds kick about like a 44 mag. Federal has less recoil. Hornady critical defense is about mid level.

All of those loads make about a fist sized grouping at 21 feet. It's a lot of lead on target in a hurry.

I see its use as a "bump in the night" gun.

410 buck from a handgun should have little worry of over penetration within the home, also worth consideration.

A stray. 36 cal 410 pellet Vs say, a 9mm plus p or 12 gauge buck or 223 in an AR.. Those COULD risk someone in another room or a neighbor.

Back