S. Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware Get Together!

Jamie Young

Guys there is a New Thread with a New Date in May for a PA shoot Check it out!

[Edited by SodaPop on 04-28-2001 at 11:05 AM]

I might be interested on a PA get together. It will all depend on the time frame. What area in PA? Central? Southeast, Northeast??

This thread belongs in Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises. It's being moved there before George Hill sends the gregarian monks with whips after me.

Where in pa!!?? Have new M1 carbine want to try out. I ask the guys where I work to go out and shoot they say yea yea and then never call. My mini-14 needs a work out too!--Darogue1

How about we meet at Classic Pistol? They allow handguns, shotguns, rifles and class III. Plus, they have handguns and class III's available for renting.

Their web site is http://www.classicpistol.com/ and the address is:
1310 Industrial Blvd
Southampton PA 18966

Which is close enough to allow the S. Jersey people to join us for a day of shoot'n.

BTW
It's an indoor facility.

I'm from just outside of PHilly. But I was thinking of two outdoor ranges about 40 min from here. Lets see how many people are interested and what kind of guns they want to bring/shoot and then decide. I'm open to anyhing Just wanted to try out a few guns. I've notice a few others here are from Outside philly so maybe some others will see this and Join in?

Cool! If there are a lot of pistol shooters, we could try Classic Pistol since it's very close to Philly.

I'll ask George to edit the title to S. Jersey and PA get together.

SWATMAN; Where exactly in reading area. I'm in Mohnton(outside reading)! We could get together for a pre-get together shoot! Respond if interested.---DAROGUE1

I'll go. I live in Limerick, PA between Pottstown and King of Prussia. I only have one AR-15 but a bunch of pistol.

Chris

If you have the meet near Philly it is close enough for me. Can I bring my AR? What about handguns? I live in NY and would have to drive through Noo Joisey to get there.

Does PA allow me to bring my Pistols if they are locked up in transit to shoot. Do your ranges require a state handgun license to shoot like Noo Yawk does?

Geoff Ross

Geoff,
You can bring your handguns. You do not need a license to shoot em. Just have them unloaded and locked in your trunk when transporting through Pennsylvania.

If we end up going to Classic Pistol, it has indoor rifle, pistol and full auto ranges.

As soon as we get an idea of how many people are interested, we'll try to setup a date. I'm assuming a Saturday will be the best.

Lets not let this idea die! Last year we had about 15-20 people interested and nobody could decide on a location.

I am in northern MD and am interested. I'll bring the FAL and a bunch of pistols. Just need to know in advance to get leave.

Ok, lets set a tentative date. Do you guys/gals wanna shoot for February or March? If February is fine, how about the 24th? If not, I'll leave it up to ya for March. I'll be around until the second week.

Throw out some dates! :)

How about the weekend before(feb 17 or 18) or the week after(mar 3 or 4). I work nightshift and would be tired driving there also work 12 hr shifts so that date is out for me. The sundays are better. Also could we work out a deal with them for reserved lanes, ammo (if people don't bring their own) targets ect. just my .02 thanks---DAROGUE1

ArmySon,
Lets set up a date for Sunday March 11th! What is the range like for Rifles? I know a place a little east of Reading PA and a Little West of Quakertown called Twins. Its an Outdoor range that goes out to 500yds for rifle and 50yds for Pistol. It seems we have a few Rifle shooters here. I wouldn't mind going to both places but I'm gonna Bug anyone with an FAL or M1A to go to Twins with me!

Classic Pistol

This range looks great, perfect if the weather is crappy. If you guys settle on a date I will arrange to get there and bring my pistols and AR. Any of the dates mentioned are OK with me, how about a two day shoot. Saturday and Sunday for those who can't come on one day or the other.

Got the directions from Yahoo, should be easy to find. Let's decide on the date or dates and get this organized!

It'll be nice to shoot in a clean modern range, you should see the slums around here that call themselves indoor ranges:)

I'll be coming from Long Island if anyone needs a ride.

Geoff Ross

What we could always do is divide the get together to two seperate groups. One for the rifle range you suggested and the other for Classic Pistol. Reading would be a bit far for the Jersey, Delaware, Maryland people.

Back