Ruger Quality Control

Of the several Rugers I've bought over the past 35 years (the most recent being a flat top .45 convertible last year) I've had trouble with only one. It was a 10/22 in about 1985 that came with a bad magazine. Replaced the magazine, problem solved.

(Sorry to necro an older thread)

Was looking around online and found a good price on a new Ruger Sp101, however it has mixed reviews on the site with some buyers saying the guns they recieved were rough or not finished well. Any update on recent sp101's late 2015-2016 quality?

I stepped up from my Ruger LC9 to an LC9S (striker fire). I love the superior trigger on my CCW. I had an issue on the magazine slightly releasing while pocket-carrying in my soft sleeve holster several times. I sent my concerns to Ruger on their website and got a quick response. They emailed a FedX lable to me and I sent my new firearm back in the original box it came in. Within 12 days, they shipped back my firearm with a new frame, magazine spring and locking pin mechanism, and even changed the battery in my Laser Max. All this was at "No Charge!" Makes me a lover of this manufacturer!

Siggy - GrabaGun has them on "clearance" for $439 plus $5.99 shipping to your FFL:

http://grabagun.com/ruger-sp101-357mag-2-1-4-fs-ss.html

I don't know about the newest SP101 - bought mine new in 1993. Fit & finish is superb. So is the F&F on my new Super Blackhawk shown above.

9e125b9485db51acbcc0ae9fb070148eef23ea5.jpg

Last edited:
It has been 2 years since I purchased my last Ruger, but I've owned (or still own) 6 or 7 revolvers and at least 5 autoloaders.

I've never had a single problem with any of them. My GP100 and Vaquero(s) are fantastic revolvers. Especially my Vaqueros, great, great guns.

Back