Ruger M77 Sell it or live with it?

Ruger

I bought a 21 year old Ruger 77MK11 from a gun store that was out of a collection. It looked as new. I'm a long time reloader and no matter what I fed it, the best groups I could get was 2 1/2 inches at 100 yds. off a rest.Tried 5 different bullets and 3 different powders to no avail. Called Ruger and they agreed to take it back for testing. I about 3 weeks I got it back rebarreled. Now it will shoot just over or under an inch all day long No charge to me. How's that for customer Service ????? hdbiker

I took a "headache" off a guys hands awhile back. It was a m77 mk11 stainless, synthetic .270 win. I bought it for my wife, practically brand new, for $300. The guy said it wouldn't shoot worth a darn. Useless gun. It must have been his eyes. That rifle shot like a dream and my wife loves shooting it, and..... I kinda hunt with it. Alot lol. Have taken a bull moose, several caribou and a couple black bears with it. Best " headache " I ever had lol.

That's a nice anecdote (and welcome to the group)

The OP has had it rung out pretty seriously.

It does not appear to be him, its the barrel, the scope or the chassis.

As long as the action screws are tight, it should shoot 1.5 inches or a bit less. 1 to 1.5 would be normal for that era.

I didn't care, 1.5 was good, it was consistent and the group pattern was nice triangle.

Not a clue Ruger might take a gun back, worth a call or email.

Back