Ruger GP 100 for Concealed Carry

Ruger makes a 357 in magnum 2.75:"RED HAWK 8 shot revolver. At 44ozs. it quite a load top carry in the in the waste holster holster. I had the GP100 4.2" 6 shot revolver & found it, as best, a really big mama to carry ITW. However, it was a very accurate revolver to shoot & It's doable. It's not a dinky lightweight 357 in magnum revolver. IMHO, if you really want to carry the 7 shot
4.2' 357 in magnum, please do so & best of luck.

I guess I was a rare one. I still carry a fullsize revolver concealed 1/2 the time, but it is a 44 magnum.
I'd say that's pretty unusual. Maybe a bit less unusual in places like AK where encounters with very large animals are more likely.

You didn't miss anything with the CEO email.

He was about as standoffish as you could be when I asked if the LCP gen2 with a stainless slide was going to be re-released.

I used to carry a GP100 or a Security 6 .. as I got older , my back did also .. So my choice of a 357 is my Glock 32 !

The best 6 shot 357 that I've ever cc'd was the 2-3/4" Security Six. Too bad they don't make them anymore. The J frame S&W's are probably the easiest to carry, but only 5 rounds of 38.

Maybe you beefy gents can carry a GP100, but i'm a wirery 5'10" and about 160 lbs so my GP100 would stick out like a 3rd leg.

Maybe you beefy gents can carry a GP100, but i'm a wirery 5'10" and about 160 lbs so my GP100 would stick out like a 3rd leg.

No kidding ...

If I want to holster a boat-anchor to my hip and try to conceal it, I'll stick my ancient S&W Model 58 in an IWB and start walking funny.

I think to carry a GP100 you have to dress for concealment. It also helps to use the compact, Lett style grip. Then there are the suspenders. CCW comes at a price.

Back