Ron Paul, Dr. No-body, beats Rudy and Fred--again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruxley, what term would you prefer to describe Bush-style conservatives from Goldwater-style conservatives?

Bush-style conservatism involves increased government spending and bureaucracy, a more liberal domestic policy on issues like immigration, and a more aggressive foreign policy (ie, preemptive strikes or the so-called Bush Doctrine).

Goldwater-style conservativsm involves decreased spending and size of government, a more conservative domestic policy, and a foreign policy that still involves a strong defense of America while at the same time does not include pre-emptive strikes (peace through strength).

Both of these groups are conservative on some issues, and have some similarities. Both, for example, would support low tax rates and less government regulation of industry.

How can we differentiate between the two styles of conservatism if we aren't allowed to use the term neoconservative? Is there a term you would prefer? If so, I would be willing to use it if it makes you feel more comfortable.

I understand where you are coming from. People of color didn't like to be called "colored" so over time we changed to "Afro-Americans", and then finally most prefer the term "black". It doesn't change their race of course, but they prefer the term, and feel better about themselves. I think it is only respectful to call a group by the name which it prefers to be called.

Allow me to spell it out to those of you that still don't get it.

The "P" in PM, means PRIVATE. It is a means of private communication. Private communications are not meant to be aired in the public. The same as email. That too is private. Not to be publicly aired.

What goes on between two (or more) individuals, whether it be PM or email, is the private business of those individuals and is not for public consumption. In its simplest terms: Do Not Post Emails or PMs Received On This Board By Any Member Of This Board To Or From Another Member Of This Board.

Got It?

In other news, this thread is way overdue... Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back